Midlanders

Some of us get together from time to time in order to talk about the latest issue of Heat magazine, global politics, important developments in lipstick manufacture and, er, Baby-Led Weaning.

Midlanders

Postby Kitcameron » 17 May 2015, 09:05

Anyone fancy a summer meet-up. Could be a bit sooner than summer holidays if you like, half term maybe. Are holidays easier for people than weekdays and weekends or not? IM assuming that's more helpful for people with school age kids but correct me if I'm wrong.

So.

Who?
When?
Where?
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Re: Midlanders

Postby pirate_han » 17 May 2015, 09:50

Yes please! I am definitely coming and I will not vom! And there will be no cricket! :D

Holidays are easier for us as B is at nursery on term-time mornings.

We're near Birmingham but happy to drive elsewhere.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Lily » 17 May 2015, 10:19

I'm up for it if it's somewhere we can get to by public transport. Flexible on days - Mon-Weds I have both kids, and Thurs-Fri just the baby.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Cofa's Tree » 17 May 2015, 14:23

Sounds good :) . We're free Wednesdays and Fridays.

Kc, do you have access to a car (I remember your husband drove you over last time)? If so, St Nicholas Park in Warwick could be one suggestion - it's not as big as Cannon Park but it's nice and Lily should be there to get there via public transport fairly easy. Or Hatton Country World but not sure on how easy it is to get there on public transport.

Lily, I'd happily give you a lift to wherever, but I assume there's the car seat issue, unless you just happen to have a little one just hanging around! We've got a spare at my parents house which Iz could use, but not one for Bee.

Cannon Park worked well as a venue, but don't know how easy it was for everyone...I know the cricket traffic made it a nightmare for me to get there but if we were fixture-free, it might not have been so bad!

Any other suggestions? What about your way Kc?
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kitcameron » 17 May 2015, 15:32

I do have a car and, more to the point, I can drive it lol. Dh just drive last time cos he wanted to meet you and check you werent axe wielding terrorists but then he decided in favour of getting out of traffic rather than check we were safe lol.

Don't think Canon Hill Park was too bad for us, apart from the cricket. Definitely check fixtures if we meet there again lol. Lily didn't you say your should have forewarned us about that had he known that's where we were going lol. I think to come much further north would make it harder for those on public transport but I'll have a look. I'm not really sure where you're all coming from though. Pm me and I'll have a look and see what's available.
Kitcameron

Postby Lily » 17 May 2015, 15:53

Yup, Birmingham or Warwick are both doable for us. I've been meaning to go to St Nicholas Park for ages, it looks great but I haven't got round to it.

As it happens we do have a baby car seat but I don't want to impose, and I think 3 kiddie seats and 2 adults in one car would be a bit of a squash in any case! From what I've seen on various car-seat threads here, fitting 3 in a row across the back seat isn't at all straightforward.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Cofa's Tree » 17 May 2015, 18:39

It's a Zafira (7 seater) so has plenty of room - I can move Daniel into the front with me, Izbiz and Bee in the back, with you in the middle of them (3 point seatbelt, not a lap belt). Easily do-able if needed :D , but if you wanted to give public transport a go and test the water with two, I'd think Warwick could be the sensible option?

But happy to go wherever.

Kc, I'd be coming from Coventry area so M69 and onwards is easy for me.
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kitcameron » 17 May 2015, 19:05

Tbh, either Warwick in Canon Hill look fine. I'm not sure where there is closer. Leicester looks to have some parks but how big/nice/child friendly they are I dunno.
Kitcameron

Postby Kitcameron » 19 May 2015, 20:20

Just to check, is half term next week for everyone?

So far the only person to register a preference for days is CT (Wed and Fri) and can I now throw into the mix that I can't do the Wednesday so how is Friday for everyone, that'd be Friday 29th. I'm sure I can make a birthday cake on Thursday and ice/decorate it Friday night yes?

Does anyone have any preference on where? Cannon Hill Park and Warwick have been suggested. I don't mind which.

What do you guys think?
Kitcameron

Postby Cofa's Tree » 20 May 2015, 05:30

Friday 29th is good with me thanks :D

My vote is for Warwick St Nicholas Park as I think it'll easier for Lily to get there on the bus if the rest of us are driving (but the offer of a lift is still there if you want it Lily).

http://www.stnicholaspark.co.uk
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kitcameron » 20 May 2015, 08:16

Looks great, so we're all going to Lily's then if it rains yes? Lol

DH will be happy with a day out in Warwick too. is that ok with you Lily and PH? Don't know if anyone else is coming. Once everyone here has confirmed I'll put another post up to make it obvious and if anyone else wants to join us that'd be great, but if not four is a good number too. Would any of you guys mind if I had your phone numbers as it makes it easier to find you, especially if there's another 'incident', yes cricket is an incident not a grand day out lol. PM them to me obviously, CT I seem to have lost yours somehow.
Kitcameron

Postby Lily » 20 May 2015, 09:49

Yes, 29th is fine with me. I'll only have Bee so it should be easy to manage the journey. Will send you my number too, kc.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Return to Meeting Up