High Chair Troubles and the Need For Cuddles

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

High Chair Troubles and the Need For Cuddles

Postby Outdoorgeek » 26 Dec 2014, 23:33

Hi,
I just wanted some advice about my 26mo monkey.
She is being a monkey at dinner times. Wants to play, cuddle, sit on my lap basically anything except sit at the table in her chair. There's not a problem with her chair as she'll devour breakfast in it or happily do painting or playdoh in it. Lunch can be hit or miss but dinner brings out her inner monkey.
She started to stand up on her seat so we tried the naughty step which has worked to some extent but she seems to be looking for other ways to be a monkey now.
I'm not worried about her eating as she's a good weight and over the course of a week eats a varied and healthy diet. I just want her to join us at dinner time at the table without a fight, I want her to enjoy a family meal as a social occasion.
I've avoided letting her sit on my lap as I love my independence ( breastfeeding has made me treasure this luxury!) but should I just let her and see if the phase passes?
She is also a good sleeper and we often have to wake her from her nap to eat. So she might be very tired, but I'm not sure how to change that.
Sorry about rambling but it's boxing day the first night she's not eaten anything at dinner time. She's gone to bed on just milk.
Thank you for any advice or comments.
Outdoorgeek

Re: High Chair Troubles and the Need For Cuddles

Postby Outdoorgeek » 26 Dec 2014, 23:48

Sorry for the repeat post. I blame the small screen and fat fingers but I think I explained myself better in this post!
Outdoorgeek

Postby Theringofthedead » 13 Feb 2015, 04:32

To the knowledge you recommend it.
Theringofthedead

Postby Reberkka » 25 May 2015, 11:43

I want to find out more But it is very rare.
Reberkka

Return to Toddler Led Eating