Can someone recommend a tv show

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Can someone recommend a tv show

Postby qbm » 26 May 2016, 10:06

Nothing to add - just wanted to say holaaaaa!

Actually what have we been watching...

We watched Luther - *amazing*

Have also not long finished In The Line of Duty Series 3 - it is also fantastic, totally grilled, (as were the other series - start at the beginning if you haven't seen them all). I have a massive crush on Keeley Hawes (and, more weirdly, Martin Compston).

Fargo was also pretty good. Also watched OITNB though wasn't quite as sold on Season 3...

Gotham, that I mentioned way upthread got really shite, really quickly (not massively surprising to be fair).

Anyone seen the classic film Harold and Maude? Highly recommend!!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Gizmo » 26 May 2016, 12:31

Hola back :)

I saw Fargo, loved the first series but thought the second was a bit disappointing.
Gizmo

Postby Gizmo » 26 May 2016, 12:32

Oh did you see Thirteen on BBC? I thought that was good.
Gizmo

Postby qbm » 26 May 2016, 13:44

Yeah, second series definitely not as good - no Billy Bob Thornton for a start! Still enjoyed it though.

Had to google Thirteen as I hadn't heard of it. Sounds good, harrowing but good. Makes me think of Boy A which was on Ch4 a long time ago.
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby emzit » 27 May 2016, 09:28

Long time no see gizmo! Hola!

I don't think its been mentioned, and I'm way behind the times, but we recently watched Broadchurch first two seasons. So good!
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby sabrina fair » 27 May 2016, 16:38

Hols gizmo!

New to this thread because I've just become hooked on Netflix and watched more TV in the last 4 months than I have in the last 4 years. I'm mainly a fan of non-challenging stuff and I've been loving Merlin, which's new to me, if not to anyone else. Also really enjoyed Fargo, even if I had to hide behind my hands for the goriest bits. Humans on 4OD was great - partly because i have an enormous crush on Colin Morgan who plays Leo (please someone else tell me you get how awesome he is - NOBODY I know gets this and I want to talk about it!) - but also because of the brilliant female roles in it...Gemma Chan's in particular).

I'm currently watching Red Dwarf from the beginning, which's surprisingly enjoyable, if a bit clunky.

Happy to have other UK Netflix suggestions!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby Ali70 » 27 May 2016, 17:12

We're working our way through House of Cards on Netflix having watched all the series of House and developed a bit of a crush on Hugh Laurie which leaves me devastated when I see him interviewed and don't fancy him at all.
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Postby sabrina fair » 27 May 2016, 18:18

Ali70 wrote:We're working our way through House of Cards on Netflix having watched all the series of House and developed a bit of a crush on Hugh Laurie which leaves me devastated when I see him interviewed and don't fancy him at all.

I've watched the first series of House of Cards, which was good but I've struggled with not actually liking any of the characters! I've heard it gets better and better though so am meaning to keep watching!

Know what you mean about crushes on actors that disappear when you see their actual personality! I think it's one of the reasons my crush on colin morgan is so huge - he comes across as a really genuinely lovely, funny person. Interestingly, he's attractive in pretty much all the ways I find DH attractive which's reassuring that I'm married to the right man!

Maybe House should be my next programme?
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby Tinnitus Doll » 27 May 2016, 19:55

Not a great fan of TV shows but I like the famous "Game Of Thrones" :D One of the best which I watched but definetely for the adults! :D
Also a great one is "Big Bang Theory", amazing humour, especially in the earlier seasons :)
And all these things will follow you (c)
Tinnitus Doll

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts