Baby brother is here! Announcement and birth story

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Baby brother is here! Announcement and birth story

Postby MamaKh » 25 Sep 2015, 05:59

I gave birth to a baby brother at 4 am yesterday morning. I don't exactly like giving birth but oh what feeling to wake up with him next to me today! He smells lovely and is so soft and warm, and little! 3150grams and 49 cm. Considering I BF big brother till 2y8m this is a new technic all together! He got his latch on right last night and seems to have gotten a taste for milk AND also be ok to let go when sleeping as long as he gets to be with me. :bsmile

Big brother was sooo happy and proud and protective. Wanted to hold, hug, kiss and caress. Decided on his own to give baby brother one of his teddy bears, and tcked it snugly into the container of his new truck, a perfect baby bed. He then decided to bring Teddy back home to take care of him. He was OK to leave us and not jealous at all (yet).

Birth story
Water broke at 4am and I had gone to bed at 2am :scream , contractions started at 10 am, check up at hospitalat1 pm, then back home, resting and EATING, back to hospital at 1 am. Open 4 cm, standing up intensified contractions and they were easier to take, but I was so tired! At one point his heartbeat were low and the midwife called for the doctor "search the doc Prio one, help me with sectio blood tests!" :scream but by the time the doc came LO was OK again. Pain relief with acupuncture and DH holding warm/hot rice bag on my back on every contraction. Had tried TENS at home but it just felt painful. At 3:50 open 8 cm as they put a new scalp electrode, LO having a hard time again and I was instructed to push on contractions, 14 min later he was out, unbelievable! (Pushed for 2,5 h w DS1, had epidural then). It was a boy! :bsmile He had pooed, explaining his low heart beats. I got him on my chest and DH cut the cord.
Weirdest part: When the midwife checked for tears I tried laughing gas /NO. Worked somewhat for pain but oh did it give me a trip! Totally lost motor function, and my vision stopped with a skipping picture of DH before my eyes as I could still hear everything and feel. When I could move (but not speak) I pointed at LO on my chest and shaped the words "watch the baby" several times to DH, I was afraid I would drop him being in that state. He got the message so I gave him thumbs up, all the time with this skipping picture before my eyes, gradually my functions came back, but vision was the last one. Apparently DH got it all on film. Only needed one stitch that was ok with a much lesser dose of NO.
I was offered epidural upon arrival, but I declined and I am happy and proud to and for my self that I managed without this time, as I wanted to be present for the whole experience this time, and equally happy my body did not need any inducing or stimulants this time. I did believe that I could "handle" (maybe survive is a better word) the pain and that my body could give birth on its own. So glad I was right and dared to try.

Hospital beds in general suck btw, and delivery beds specifically. So hard, and with a soft pelvis that is so uncomfortable!
Last edited by MamaKh on 25 Sep 2015, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Mother of DS1 July 2012, DS2 Sept 2015
BF, Co Sleeping, Sling, EC, BLW, Active parenting, all inspirations and aspirations
MamaKh

Re: Baby brother is here! Announcement and birth story

Postby Fuz-Chan » 25 Sep 2015, 07:41

Congratulations! Glad you got to have the birth you wanted!
Fuz-Chan

Postby Cofa's Tree » 25 Sep 2015, 08:15

Congratulations and welcome to the world little man! Thanks for sharing your story :D
Cofa's Tree

Postby emzit » 25 Sep 2015, 09:05

Congratulations! Enjoy your snuggles and well done.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Marrow » 25 Sep 2015, 11:51

Congratulations! Enjoy the warm snuggles.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby yorkshirepudding » 25 Sep 2015, 12:32

Wow, well done! Congratulations to you all, hello little man.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Treeb » 25 Sep 2015, 12:43

Congrats! :bsmile

I totally agree on the terribleness of hospital beds. One of the main reasons I requested to leave a day early with A!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby lizandimo » 25 Sep 2015, 14:04

Congratulations!!
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Postby mamapup » 25 Sep 2015, 15:18

Congratulations! Lovely to hear how great ds is being thus far too.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby qbm » 25 Sep 2015, 18:52

Congratulations! Great birth story too :D Happy snuggles!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby MamaKh » 25 Sep 2015, 20:50

emzit wrote:Congratulations! Enjoy your snuggles and well done.

This. Is. So. Wonderful.
I hear 3 is the new 2... this might be one reason why! They are this small such a short time! I understand this so much more this time around. Taking every chance to skin to skin, wich for some reason i didnt last time. What a rush!
Mother of DS1 July 2012, DS2 Sept 2015
BF, Co Sleeping, Sling, EC, BLW, Active parenting, all inspirations and aspirations
MamaKh

Postby Tintin » 25 Sep 2015, 21:08

Congrats! :bsmile
DD1 Stompy, home-birthed Feb 08
DD2 Squeak, home-birthed March 11
Tintin

Postby LucyLastic » 25 Sep 2015, 22:28

Aww, congratulations :-)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 25 Sep 2015, 22:36

Wow! Lovely story!! So pleased that you had the birth you wanted! Good births definitely make you want more!!!

Enjoy your new baby snuggles and breathe in that beautiful smell!! I love new babies!!!

xxx
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby DandelionFrosting » 26 Sep 2015, 06:44

Congratulations! And welcome to the new little one.
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Next

Return to Birth to BLW