violent chat

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

violent chat

Postby mamapup » 27 Apr 2015, 19:19

Today, with no malice or anger we have had

Mummy, I'm going to pour boiling water on you and little Croc
Mummy I'll kill you

And a few others I can't remember.

He's a lovely little boy, no violence except the odd bash for little Croc, no anger really and he's perfectly able to express himself! I am assuming this is just him grasping various points about the world? He probably knows that boiling water is not a good idea as he and little Croc play in the kroom while I cook and I always move them back when the boiling water is moved around. Not sure if he understands the concept of killing.

Normal phase?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: violent chat

Postby MissKitty » 27 Apr 2015, 19:45

I can't comment on 'normal' as we are anything but, here, but ((((((mp)))))) - its awful to hear that kind of thing from the mouth of our little one :(

We have had similar to that "Mommy, I will beat you up!" And "Mommy, I will make you dead!" But these were not repeated. We think he was picking the theme up from another boy at preschool, as when we mentioned it his key carer noted she had similar concerns and they were working on introducing healthier words and actions. Indeed, when they did we had the 'Poo phase' turn into a comical Bill and Ted style 'Dude!' phase instead! And no more aggressive talk. We think the other boy may have a relative playing rough computer games or aggressive role play type things.

Is peer influence a possible factor for the Puppy?
Mommy to a June 2011 LO
MissKitty

Postby mamapup » 27 Apr 2015, 20:26

Yes, that's what we're assuming as this certainly isn't coming from home. He was playing with his toy kettle in the toy kitchen when he mentioned the boiling water so there was context so if we hadn't had the other comments I'd have totally ignored this one. He knows we don't like guns in our house as he wanted a really fun one we saw the other day, which led to a discussion about violence and why we are pacifists in this house. Could be a reaction I guess.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby mamapup » 27 Apr 2015, 20:44

Argh. I'm a dummy. Kroom mentioned in reply.

mamapup

Postby Raktajino » 28 Apr 2015, 18:11

My psychoanalyst hubby would say its perfectly normal and very healthy to have murderous impulses! That he's expressing all his unconscious anger about having to share with a sibling, share toys, love etc. Anger at you for introducing this rival. He would say its all in fantasy, not that he actually intends to cause harm.
So congrats on having a little boy who's so in touch with his unconscious! :wink:
Mum to Sausage, born July 2011
Raktajino

Postby mamapup » 28 Apr 2015, 18:36

Nice. Certainly never seen any actual anger from him at any of this.

mamapup

Postby FestiveTidings » 28 Apr 2015, 19:31

Raktajino wrote:My psychoanalyst hubby would say its perfectly normal and very healthy to have murderous impulses! That he's expressing all his unconscious anger about having to share with a sibling, share toys, love etc. Anger at you for introducing this rival. He would say its all in fantasy, not that he actually intends to cause harm.
So congrats on having a little boy who's so in touch with his unconscious! :wink:

This is reassuring. I'm often told I'm going to get squashed like a wasp!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Where'stheMistletoe » 28 Apr 2015, 19:41

We had a "I'm going to kill you" phase directed at me and I had no idea where the words came from. It was relatively short lived I think. We just said it's not very nice to say that and explained what it meant but tended to not give it too much attention.
Mummy to gorgeous wriggly baby boy (Jan 11) and beautiful baby girl (Oct 13)
Where'stheMistletoe

Postby DandelionFrosting » 28 Apr 2015, 23:11

Could it be something kind of like a thought experiment, or a plea for information? He can't really understand everything about what it means to kill someone yet, or what would actually happen if he did pour boiling water on you. I'd probably answer it like a question -- "If you do that, I'll get badly burned and have to stay in the hospital for weeks and weeks and get skin grafts," or, "If you kill me then I'll be dead forever and you won't have a mother anymore" or something like that. We'll see if I can actually be that calm about it when Saurus starts saying things like that -- ha!
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby mamapup » 29 Apr 2015, 06:14

With the boiling water I did explain very clearly. The other comments I've just said that it's not a nice way to speak and left it.

mamapup

Postby yorkshirepudding » 13 Jul 2016, 20:43

Glad I found this thread after a quick search! Moo has said he wants to kill E a few times, including yesterday when I said we wouldn't be playing with friends because X had chicken pox and he might catch it from him. Moo asked could E play with them, I said no because she might catch it. His response,"I want her to. Would she die?"!

Also lots of threats of kicking, shooting gas in eyes(?!), making her dead. Not a nice phase :(
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Treeb » 14 Jul 2016, 01:58

L has always been quite violent in the way he talks/plays. I see it as his way to process things he's seen or heard about, and also a way to express big feelings. I've developed a pretty thick skin towards it and often just ignore it but it does get to me sometimes.

Recently for him it's when we ask him not to do something, or to do something he doesn't want to, etc. He'll say something like "If you make me do that I'll just stab a hole in you!" Or "If you tell me that again I'll just kill you!" He does talk about hurting/killing A too (and in general is very rough with her.) Often it is phrased as question: "What if I knocked A off the steps?", "What if I whacked her with this?", etc. I try not to give him too much reaction to it and generally just say something like "Oh, that sounds like it would hurt her." and he generally moves on.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Return to Random Thoughts