meal planning sharing

Post them up and every so often I'll snaffle them and put them on the blog, if that's okay? It'll save you the trouble of emailing them to me. (It will mean you lose out on our charming personal interaction but I sense you can live with that.)

meal planning sharing

Postby mamapup » 22 Feb 2015, 21:04

I'm exhausted after a busy busy day. Can't be bothered to summon energy for meal planning. Anyone fancy sharing what they are today or this week? Maybe I'm not alone in feeling last tonight?

We had a Jamie Oliver crunch fish thing I made. It was delicious and I'll happily share if anyone wants the recipe.
Also eaten soya lasagne, beef tacos, green eggs and ham, tuna salad this week. (and sushi but we didn't bother to make that).
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: meal planning sharing

Postby Kanga » 22 Feb 2015, 21:56

Over the last week we've had spaghetti & tomato sauce, bacon/sausage sandwiches, chili con carne, macaroni cheese for the children & a chickpea & spinach dish for our anniversary, make your own pizza night, sausage & tomato bake, shepherds pie.

This week I think we're having baked potatoes, Moroccan spaghetti, macaroni cheese/pasta & pesto, fish pie, pizza, gammon eggs & chips. Happy to dig out recipes if you want.

Your jamie Oliver fish thing sounds good if you've got a recipe.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 22 Feb 2015, 22:00

This week we had a lot of ham, because it was super cheap. Roast ham, ham and pea bake, ham with black eyed peas and sweet potato.
Also, JO's mozzarella bake, mushroom soup, and his rogan josh (cooked in the slow cooker).
Today is slow cooked chicken and wild rice soup (From 100 days of real food) and tomorrow is MDC's no fry Singapore noodles.
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby LucyLastic » 22 Feb 2015, 22:07

I roasted a chicken on Friday, so we had some of that in wraps on Fri night then I made a chicken casserole with dumplings and sweet potato wedges for BIL's family who stayed last night (from Jamie's 'Save' book) and I just made piadina (olive oil flatbreads) so we'll be having some of the remaining chicken in those with lettuce and bbq sauce. Eventually. I used the carcass to make stock for the casserole and didn't use either of the breasts in the casserole as there was plenty of meat from the rest of the chicken. Happy to forward you the recipe if you like. C demolished a plateful with two dumplings this evening. Last night, C and her cousins had gnocchi, ham and peas in a tomato sauce with a drizzle of pesto and a cheese and breadcrumb topping. Followed by chocolate krispie cakes with mini marshmallows and sultanas. Nothing like a huge sugar rush just before bedtime :-D
I plan on making a chilli this week and probably a shepherd's pie (my Mum's recipe, nothing fancy, but really comforting and is really a cottage pie as it's beef mince, but there was no telling my Mum that!) And we'll probably have breaded fish (frozen, none of this make-it-yourself malarkey!) with rice, peas and a tomato and cream sauce tomorrow night. Soup (Glorious! soups are fab and half a pot is plenty for one) and a bagel with low fat cream cheese (for me) for lunch most days. C generally has 'something' on toast for lunch but we eat together.
I also made a fish crunch thing last week, but made it up - cod loins topped with a leek (from the garden), mushroom and crème fraîche sauce then a parmesan breadcrumb top. Upside, it was absolutely delicious. Downside, it was about eight billion calories per spoonful :-/
Made chicken tikka the other day too - that was really easy and lovely and you can eat any leftovers cold the next day. Or just every time you walk past the fridge!
I should stop thinking about food!
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby mamapup » 22 Feb 2015, 22:18

Mmm, thanks guys. Will definitely do some of those. And it reminded me.that t&n'smummy's slow cooker curry is yummy too.

Dumplings are.a.good call, the puppy has them at nursery and loves them, just.need to find a low fat.version.

My fish crunch was:

In a roasting pan put fish in some olive oil. Cover fish in fennel seeds (I.used.dill as turns.out we.didn't have fennel), add salt and pepper. put under hot grill for 5 mins.

Make breadcrumbs. (I used two pieces.of bread and it was far more than I needed). Add a bit of oil.and a.crushed garlic clove.

In blender, chuck half tin of anchovies, load of sun dried tomatoes, basil, lemon juice.and zest, more.garlic and 40g of.parmasan. Blend. Paste over.fish then put bread crumbs on top and rosemary and thyme sprigs on top. Ten more mins, ish, under grill.

Amazing and both kids ate it. I used cod and hake.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby emzit » 22 Feb 2015, 22:34

We are having chicken, basil and fresh green salad, italian style zoodles, lamb, pepper and zucchini skewers, tofu fritters, chicken cashew stir fry, chickpea and veg frittata and roasted ripeni tomatoes, all part f my gym health program, just a bit tinkered with. I love not having to meal plan and having it all there for me.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby mamapup » 22 Feb 2015, 22:35

Tofu! Thanks, we.have some in the fridge and the kids love it. Forgot it was there. Yum.

Is that where all meals are brought to you, emzit?

mamapup

Postby emzit » 22 Feb 2015, 22:50

No, we make them. My gym has this introduction 'breakthrough' challenge to try and engage people and get them into good habits from the start of their gym membership and includes meal and exercise plans. This week is week 3 so going with the meal plan for this week with a couple of changes where they have things I don't like. It's all switchable which is good and really healthy. Squish has eaten everything and muncher has eaten most things and tried a bit of almost everything. He's drawn the line at quinoa. It's all really yum and I've lost 3kg in the last 2 weeks. :)
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby pirate_han » 23 Feb 2015, 06:44

We're having:

Hairy Bikers Gulyas Leves (Hungarian goulash soup)
Lamb hotpot
Jacket potatoes with cheese and beans
Buttermilk pancakes and bacon
Chilli
Mushroom and red wine soup

(Note I am less about the healthy and more about what I can make with a feeding-frenzied newborn attached to me! :))
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby mamapup » 23 Feb 2015, 09:23

Thanks guys. I have a plan now

Chicken and veg korma tonight
Tofu fritters tomorrow
Dumplings and meat in slow cooker Wednesday
Thursday blank so far, maybe cauliflower mac and cheese.
Friday gnocchi for kids and probably take away for us

mamapup

Postby t&n's mummy » 23 Feb 2015, 12:43

Love the sound of the fish crunch!

Yesterday we had sausage and mash (DH makes double quantities of mash so we can have...
Fish pie tonight (abel and Cole fish pie fish selection is fab and the children like to help make it)
Tuesday lamb Steaks with mini roasted veg (so it cooks quicker)
Wednesday jackets with beans and cheese (DH is away)
Thursday something chickeny in the slow cooker
Friday something with diced pork in the slow cooker...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby Kitcameron » 23 Feb 2015, 12:58

I tend to try and plan aeveral meals but don't allocate days in case we really don't feel like x on Monday or whatever.

So far for this week Ive planned
Today : tomato and courgette risotto
Meal 2: slow cooked chicken curry
MeL 3: gammon, egg and chips with carrots or sweetcorn
Meal 4: cottage pie and mixed veg
Meal 5: bangers, mash and cauli cheese

That's as far as I've got lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby LucyLastic » 23 Feb 2015, 13:10

Mp, this is a genius thread :-)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby Marrow » 23 Feb 2015, 14:56

I take no credit for the design nor the implementation, but we are having...
salmon, pea and mint risotto
fish in bun (posh fish finger sandwiches)
meatballs and linguine
sausage broccoli and chips
chicken in spicy tomato sauce with tortillas
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Kitcameron » 23 Feb 2015, 15:36

Everyone's food sounds lovely I have to say. Think I need to implement a 'no using the same meal twice within a fortnight' rule or something to avoid is eating the same meals all the time lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Next

Return to Recipes