Holiday quandary - Pembtokeshire, Devon or Yorkshire?

...people to see. Well, not really. More like 'we went to the Umbrella Museum in Ashby de la Zouch and it was GREAT.' If there is such a thing, that is.

Holiday quandary - Pembtokeshire, Devon or Yorkshire?

Postby mindy » 17 Feb 2015, 09:52

Please let me pick your brains! We've decided against France this year as the baby will be tiny, would like a self catering cottage ideally in a small town/large village which is slightly arty/bohemian, probably walkable to the sea....... Am I being completely unrealistic?!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Re: Holiday quandary - Pembtokeshire, Devon or Yorkshire?

Postby RedRum » 17 Feb 2015, 10:28

If you can bring yourself to go a bit further west than Devon, somewhere like St Agnes is gorgeous, but there are plenty of other places in between! Clovelly and the surrounding area is really beautiful, we usually end up around Bude/Sandymouth, there are lovely beaches, coastal walks, pretty villages, all that stuff.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Marrow » 17 Feb 2015, 11:00

Can I add another suggestion to your shortlist? Gower. Mumbles, in particular. Seems to fit your bill, with loads of self catering on this website. Swansea just up the road.

We went to Honeysuckle Cottage last year, which I would absolutely recommend, but it might be a bit out of the way for you - 20 mins walk to the shop.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby pirate_han » 17 Feb 2015, 11:03

It doesn't fit the 'walk to the sea' bit but if you're looking at Yorkshire then I would totally recommend glamping at Jollydays. DH and I went there on honeymoon and we had the best time. I can't wait to take our kids; I would have adored it as a child.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby RedRum » 17 Feb 2015, 11:12

Ooorrrrr......

http://www.billycancamping.co.uk/

Which is in my town :D Close to the sea, close to the South Downs, lots to do, lovely lovely town. But it's not in Devon, Pembrokeshire or Yorkshire ;)
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby mindy » 17 Feb 2015, 11:25

Aaaagh, so many fab ideas, wish I wasn't at work so could start exploring them right now! Thanks all!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby LucyLastic » 17 Feb 2015, 12:33

Rye in East Sussex is lovely - cobbled streets (pavements for pushchairs!), antique shops and galleries, caf├ęs, tea shops, restaurants, a couple of miles away from Camber Sands which is an expansive sandy beach, ten miles from Hastings. But again, not in your specified locations...
FWIW, we took C to France on holiday when she was 4 months old and we had a lovely time :-)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Return to Things to do/Places to go