Pregnancy Updates - January

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - January

Postby RedRum » 23 Jan 2015, 17:15

Congratulations mindy - what an achievement!

I'm feeling a bit more friendly towards my bump now as I think I do finally look pregnant rather than fat. I still feel a bit too frumpy but I think that's mainly cos my boobs are also mahoosive right now which makes me feel bigger all over. I never liked having big boobs and was so relieved when they all but disappeared after I had R!

My favourite new bit is that DH can now feel the kicks which is really lovely for him.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby yorkshirepudding » 23 Jan 2015, 21:12

Well done Mindy!

I still can't decide if I can feel the baby, in retrospect I could feel Moo at this stage, so I don't know if I'm imagining things because I expect to or it's really there. Heard a good heartbeat at mw appt on Thursday and she suggested I ask to see a consultant when I have my 20 week scan about my blood hormones so I'm hoping they will send me for extra growth scans.

Excited as I have had some fizzy elderflower and I don't feel sick, was getting fed up of water!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby CaelaCoo » 24 Jan 2015, 10:42

I think I have a future acrobat inside me. I honestly don't know how he can move like he does. He seems to love playing circus whilst I'm trying to sleep.
Not only has he rediscovered my bladder meaning I have to pee constantly he's finding nerves I never thought I had. My god does it hurt when he hits them.

Just 8 more weeks *grits teeth*
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby Treeb » 26 Jan 2015, 19:07

Well I'm officially growing! Had to buy new underwear, and dh has confirmed that my butt has gotten bigger/rounder (though he didn't comment on it until I mentioned that my underwear wasn't fitting well anymore.) Belly is also growing. Most of the time I think I look pregnant, but there are still days when I look at myself and wonder if maybe people will just think I'm fat. Either way, have also had to order a maternity winter coat as I think my regular one will only zip up for another few weeks at most! I hate spending so much money on something that will only be used for the next few months, but since there are at least a few more months of snow and below-freezing temps it seems pretty necessary to have a coat that actually zips up and keeps me warm.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby t&n's mummy » 26 Jan 2015, 20:49

Yes definitely important that your coat zips up!

I have been particularly tearful today, no real reason, watching the news at lunch time was the main issue I think.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby pirate_han » 27 Jan 2015, 09:19

Hope you are feeling brighter today t&nm ((()))

I thought I was going into labour last night, I had a really funny ten minutes of feeling very sick, shaking, dizzy with stomach pain. I didn't tell DH as he would have panicked (I need an ambulance if labour starts) and went to bed. Fell asleep pretty quickly and everything seems calm this morning, phew! Two more sleeps - hang on baby!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 27 Jan 2015, 09:44

2 more sleeps!!! Eep!!! Glad all is calm this morn lovey
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby pimento » 27 Jan 2015, 09:46

Fingers crossed for no more potential-labour-feelings! Just 2 more sleeps!!
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby Feefielou » 27 Jan 2015, 12:06

Phew Ph, here's hoping little one stays put until the right time.

I told my immediate supervisor and my big boss yesterday. Initial reaction in both cases was head-in-hands 'ergh, what terrible timing, what are we going to do?', closely followed by the realisation that that was kind of rude, and some nice congratulations and positive comments. After all, we don't time these things with precision to fit around work projects, do we? Now I'm fully expecting several months of squeezing as much work out of me as is humanly possible before I disappear for another seven months.

I'm at that infuriating stage where all my clothes feel tight, but way too early to switch to maternity clothes, and can't justify buying anything new for just a few weeks. So I just have to feel fat for a while. Yuck.
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby t&n's mummy » 27 Jan 2015, 13:12

Phew ph glad baby is staying put!

Yes feeling a bit better today mainly keeping busy, currently the slow cooker is making butter chicken for tea and the soup maker is making spinach and coconut soup with some leftover chicken...
Eta... Is it normal to be hearing your heartbeat in your ears? It is very strange, it comes and goes but when it is there I can't think of anything else and struggle to concentrate on what I am doing, then it stops again and I can hear clearly..?
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby pirate_han » 28 Jan 2015, 11:25

I don't know if that's normal tn&m but I get that all the time when not pregnant! :?

Our taxi is booked, hospital bag is sorted (inducing jaffa cake supplies for the post nil-by-mouth period :D). My friend and I are going out for a carb-fest lunch today in preparation. I'm having a baby tomorrow! Eek!

I did manage to freak out the poor (very young) guy on the checkout in Aldi this morning - he asked how long I had left and I said 'one day!' jubilantly and a look of utter terror crossed his face as if he thought the baby was going to drop out right there at the checkout :D
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby yorkshirepudding » 28 Jan 2015, 12:01

Ha ha p_h, he shouldn't have asked! Hope your lunch is lovely, and tomorrow goes really smoothly, good luck! How exciting! :)
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Feefielou » 28 Jan 2015, 13:47

Good luck ph! You've made me want jaffa cakes.
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby pimento » 28 Jan 2015, 13:53

Good luck for tomorrow and enjoy those jaffa cakes! Can't wait to read your birth announcement :)
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 28 Jan 2015, 14:05

Haha!! How exciting p_h, I'll be thinking of you and keeping an eye for the announcement :)

My update is that 3 days of crying at the GP have finally paid off and my oxygen, that will hopefully help me manage my cluster headaches, is being delivered tomoro. If I can get the pain under control I should be able to sleep and then I can go back to thinking about the fact I'll have a new squish soon... Fingers crossed...
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy