Getting Healthy 2015

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Getting Healthy 2015

Postby emzit » 14 Jan 2015, 09:02

Sensible kanga. Plenty of time to get recovered and then make a bigger effort. 12 weeks is still tiny!

Kc, I think a glass is 250ml - they say 8 glasses/2 litres so that would make sense. Water would be better but you're heading in the right direction so it's all good!

RR I've added you!

TM, that's a lot more calories than I expected you to say, interesting.

I've done exercise six days in a row now and feeling it. Rest day tomorrow! It's good though. I've also discovered mountain bread, it's a wrap that is paper thin and half the calories of bread, so I can have a decent lunch that fills me up without lots of calories. It's amazing how little things make such a change. I was having trouble getting under my calorie limit but a few tweaks like that have made a big impact and it's getting easier.

My weeks trial at the gym is over now and I'm going to sign up. Need to go twice a week and I can totally do that, especially with 24 hour access. Wpart of it is an online fitness/weight loss program which apparently has lots of recipes and snack ideas. I'll post them up if anyone is interested in anything , let me know.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby RedRum » 14 Jan 2015, 09:19

Hey Emzit and CT :)

I didn't work out this morning as my hips are killing me so I thought I'd give myself a break, but feeling so much better for the improved diet. I still feel like I'm eating huge amounts, but it's all veggies and rice and stuff like that, so I'm well under my calories each day. My MFP goal is 2,100 which is roughly my maintenance plus 200 cals which is about right I think. I'm not hitting it every day though, I'm usually a couple of hundred under.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby DustyMcBrush » 14 Jan 2015, 10:40

Just been trying to catch up with all this!

Kanga, it strikes me reading your posts I was in a similar frame of mind when bf. Id been told that it really helped with getting back into shape, but the weight stayed fairly firmly there whilst bf. I did do some exercise as I always feel better when I do but found it really hard to diet. I wish id not worried about it really, ive lost a bit of weight now which happened when I stopped. So basically I think what im trying to say is its good to put healthy habits in place but if ever there is a brownie that needs testing, this period of time is certainly the one to do it in!

And redrum- incredibly jealous of what sounds like an amazing Christmas!
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 14 Jan 2015, 13:07

I just started tracking food again. I've set my fitbit to 250cals below what I use. So I had 2100cals to eat. I don't know how to take bf into account, but thought that was probably enough to be getting on with. But last night I had 500cals left over. I might have to squish in another meal. There are only so many healthy snacks I can stomach.
This might just be my body type though. Some day, when I stop bf, I'll be very svelte. Ha! I wonder if I should go back to the nutritionist. Although last time her advice was to "eat more vegetables". I don't think vegetable intake is my problem.
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby Nix » 14 Jan 2015, 16:13

I have set my calorie intake deliberately low so I have to do some exercise to eat a normal amount of calories. Housework burns quite a bit of calories so I have found myself doing lots of cleaning. My house has never looked better! New year, new me, new cleaner house! Hehe!
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby Cofa's Tree » 14 Jan 2015, 21:18

Love it Nix, what an incentive!

Oh my god. I think my legs are going to drop off. I went to the gym tonight and did my usual routine, was half way through my running session after warm up and weights, when one of the trainers pointed at me through the glass and motioned for me to come into a class he was about to start. I ignored him at first cos I wasn't sure what he was doing, but then he came out to get me and told me to come in. He knows I'm there to burn fat and he did my weights induction so often gives me hints and tips, but it turns out he was taking a circuit class. Never done circuit training before, but tonight, I have been flinging myself around with gay abandon. I've done burpees (done lots of burps in my life, but never a burpee!), was skipping like a schoolgirl, squatting and lunging, doing sit-ups, knee-ups and I have no idea what some of the other things I was doing are called!

I don't think I've laughed so much for a long time but I think tomorrow is going to hurt...
Cofa's Tree

Postby RedRum » 14 Jan 2015, 22:02

Go CT!

I have eaten so much today, porridge, yoghurt with muesli, chicken and avocado salad, a huge bowl of veggie curry and half a bar of dark chocolate, and I'm still under my calories by 100. It's amazing how much more food you get to eat when you cut out the crap ;)
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Kanga » 15 Jan 2015, 13:20

That's what I need to do then rr!! My calories get zapped by cheese/chocolate/crisps. And carbs tbh, especially bread!

I'm writing off today. Haven't been tracking yet but I bet im over my calories already. Very stressed with the boys & compensating with food :( Tomorrow's another day though.

Ct that sounds awesome. Hope you weren't too sore! Nix, I like the idea of housework as workout. I often end up hoovering with ds2 in the sling so that has to burn a decent amount of calories right?! Off to clean now!
Last edited by Kanga on 15 Jan 2015, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Marrow » 15 Jan 2015, 13:27

Many of my Fitbit-tracked steps are with Courgette on my back - 13kg-odd of toddler has to make a difference, right? Especially if it's up a hill! But I think I compensate a bit by taking teeny waddle steps, so maybe not.

2 weeks after 1st Jan, and I've lost 3kg. I'm going to give it another couple of weeks, but I'm aiming for more like half that rate of weight loss to be sensible long term, so I might have to revisit my calorie target.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 15 Jan 2015, 13:35

Did tap and been swimming! Whoop whoop! SLightly achey arms today but otherwise ok!

Have also decided to start detox on Sunday rather than wait until Wednesday - hopefully, being on day 3, I'll have the energy to go tapping! Have to do at least 20 mins exercise each day on the detox anyway so I've got to get moving somehow.

Still coughing and have a sore throat but I'm sleeping better and starting to feel like a human being!

Marron - a step is a step, no matter how small! As long as you aren't judging your distance based on stride size, then it still counts - you still have to go through the motion and use the same muscles - which is especially taxing with an extra 13Kg on your back!!! Well done you!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Jan 2015, 13:40

Fantastic everyone who's doing exercise and loosing weight. I do t think ive lost anything since new year but several people have to,d me I look like I lost weight. Having not weighted myself since before CM was born though I couldn't say lol.

I've just reduced my calorie allowance by 100 calories as I seemed to be staying under my target too easily, especially when just walking to and from nursery and breastfeeding was added to the list. On the other hand I don't think I'm accurately recording them either which doesn't help, although sort of recording must be better than not thinking about it at all. It am a bit more aware of what I'm eating now and how many calories I have left to play with during the day.

Today is going to be a rubbish day though for not drinking tea and eating cake as I'm full of cold so want to drink lots of hot tea and DH has bought cheesecake to apologise for doing something phenomenally stupid last night.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Kanga » 15 Jan 2015, 17:14

Marron I expect standing still with a toddler on your back burns calories so any steps have to be a bonus!!

I'm just watching a horizon programme about dieting and they said if you're tired you tend to make more bad food choices, so no hope for most of us then?! ;)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Marrow » 15 Jan 2015, 17:23

My hardest day so far has been a work from home day when I was tired from being up in the night and an eensy bit hung over. No extra calories from activity, working at the dining room table which is far too close to the k-room. But I did it! Admittedly, I did jog up and down the stairs a few times... but that's sort of the point, isn't it? I've found myself rejoicing when I realise I've left something upstairs!
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Nix » 15 Jan 2015, 18:16

It was my free john Lewis cake and hot drink day today which meant extra exercise. It was worth it though. Their cream scones and luxury hot chocolates are amazing! Tiredness is definitely a killer when it comes to dieting. Chocolate just gives you that uplifting boost you feel like you need! It's not real though is it. In the long run it doesn't make you feel good!
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Jan 2015, 20:45

Tiredness has a lot to answer for, as do husbands trying to make amends.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre