Getting Healthy 2015

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Getting Healthy 2015

Postby EnigmaFish » 12 Jan 2015, 20:36

CT, that's great going!
I want something in a mediaeval style, or a 1950s style reminiscent of what Queen Elizabeth wore. If money were no object, at the moment this is my favourite: http://www.rivendellbridal.com/UpdatedW ... yGreen.jpg
So yeah, you're right that maybe I don't need to get all the weight off by June - just enough to try things on and see if they suit me. Thanks for the encouragement!

KC, I'm not sure I know how the breastfeeding calories fit in best either. What I did today is to leave the calories at 1200, as the app suggested, and then put Cardio exercise of 300 calories in, with description breastfeeding. That gave me an extra 300 calories to eat today.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Treeb » 12 Jan 2015, 21:01

Great job with the gym going and shredding people.

I used the elliptical for 20 minutes today at my parents house while L was napping. It was way harder than I remembered! My goal is to do it at least twice more while we are here this week. I really wish I had space at home for some kind of exercise equipment as I seem more motivated to do that than I am to use exercise videos.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby emzit » 12 Jan 2015, 21:39

CT is right, EF. I think from memory my dress was altered about a month before the wedding so that gives you a couple of extra months to play with. You'll know by Kune how you're getting on and what will suit, but I don't think you need to go crazy on the dieting and lose it all before then.

After a moderately strict week food wise and a lot of exercise I've jumped on the (still a bit dodgy) scales and have lost weight! I was feeling a bit despondent as for the last few days they've been showing a gain but if I go by today, I've done just over half a kg in a week, pretty happy with that. It's just under two months before I go back to work, on track for beating my goal of losing 5kg before then.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Kitcameron » 12 Jan 2015, 22:34

EF that dress is stunning, I love it. Get that one. Stick a photo of it on your fridge door to help avoid the snacking lol.

Yey Emzit, go you.

I have failed today. I wanted to walk to and from nursery at both drop off and pick up. I managed drop off, it was hard work with a buggy and a small elephant in the sling, but it was heaving it down at pick up so I took the car. I'm telling myself it would have been miserable for the kids as well but I think that may just be an excuse.

Was having a good day as far as food was concerned though. Had my meat free day again today. I'm not quite sure why I'm having one meat free day a week and whether it's doing me any good or not but it's easy so I'm sticking with it, also going to add a target of cutting down to only three cups of tea a day and drinking weak squash instead, hopefully getting closer and closer to water as he weeks progress lol. I've found a 1 litre bottle to fill up daily and try to empty. Anyway, emphasis on the WAS. DH decided to have chicken and chips after the girls had gone to bed and the smell of vinegar was just too much and I caved and made myself a bowl full too. Still below my calorie count I think but beginning to wonder if I'm cheating somehow as it feels too easy to stay below, and that's without adding exercise to the equation.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 12 Jan 2015, 23:21

EF - Beautiful dress - absolutely beautiful! Agree with KC - stick it on the fridge and a home page on your phone!

Still not doing anything. Still unwell but hoping to go to tap tomorrow. Sod the cold! Detox is also having to wait another week as am now meeting friend for lunch on Saturday which was cancelled from last week! Jeans not feeling good. Grrrr

Well done to everyone! Hoping to catch up with you soon!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Kanga » 13 Jan 2015, 02:13

Still no exercise done here, apart from walking for school run but at 2 year old speed that doesn't burn many calories. Did find on mfp an exercise for 'walking carrying an infant' so I can bung ds2 in the sling and tot up the minutes of that!

I've upped my calories to compensate for bf but struggling to stay under. To be fair today ds1 & I made choc brownies for dh & I had to try one.... I'm just hungry all the time, I had to have toast before bed and that is after a decent dinner of mushroom stroganoff & rice. Maybe I'll just loosely count calories & try harder to add exercise in.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 13 Jan 2015, 03:47

If I were you I'd eat normally for a week/10 days and track it. Average it out.
Then try to reduce your intake by 250cals a day.
I exercise a fair amount and bf a toddler. The nutritionist/dietician I saw last year told me I needed AT LEAST 2000cals a day. I've been storing fat because I haven't been eating enough. This kind of fat seems harder to shift :?
I think before they start solids you need 500cals. After solids have begun, around 200cals. I don't know where I got that from though.
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby emzit » 13 Jan 2015, 06:05

TM, do you mind me asking how many calories you were eating that was too low?
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby StJuniper » 13 Jan 2015, 13:55

Wedding-related weight-loss advice: I lost 10lbs of weight specifically for my wedding, but once that motivation was gone, and I was married to my husband who wanted an eating buddy, I gained it all back. Which was fine, but then as soon as I gained baby weight, my rings didn't fit and still don't. I wish I had've just let myself be the weight that I was going to live with so that I could still be wearing my wedding ring...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 13 Jan 2015, 14:25

Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby RedRum » 13 Jan 2015, 17:10

I'm in. Not wanting to lose weight (am 5 months pg) but would be happy not to gain too much, and to keep my fitness up. I've gained 10 lbs so far, and I'll be happy gaining another stone but not much more than that.

I've been eating out of control over Christmas, we were away for three weeks travelling round Spain, Portugal and France, so there was all the usual Christmas gluttony, plus the very-slight-variations on the theme of ham and cheese baguettes that seem to be all you can buy to eat in European petrol stations, plus raclette.... :oops: I managed not to gain a huge amount, but I feel very unfit and look very, um, curvy, which I guess is to b expected, but I don't really like it.

So now I'm home and I have a week before DH is back, and I've been doing really well. I made a really tasty vegetable curry on Sunday night, which I've been eating for lunches and dinners with brown rice, and I'm trying to keep my snacks to things like nuts and yoghurts. I really want to cut back on the sugar and processed food, as I have a tendency to binge once I get started on the sweets, especially at work, and then feel totally bloated and disgusting. So far so good anyway.

I'm also exercising, and aiming to keep it up, although my hips are pretty sore. I've been doing Suzanne Bowen's prenatal barre workout, for any fellow preggos looking for something to do. I'd definitely recommend it. It's strenuous without being high impact, lots of small movements and body weight resistance, you definitely know you've worked out.

Oh, and I'm kelly_lake on mfp if anyone wants to add me.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Cofa's Tree » 13 Jan 2015, 18:54

I've just added you RR, but forgot to say it was me! Well done for keeping the healthy food up this week and for exercising whilst pregnant!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kitcameron » 13 Jan 2015, 20:16

How many mils do you think they count in a cup of water?

I feel like I've done ok today. Still failed to walk to and from nursery for both pick up and drop off as CM spent an hour and a half keeping me up last night so I went for an extra 15 mins in bed and taking the car, plus it was freezing is morning. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

However:
- I'm under my calorie count again, might reduce it a bit next week as I'm not really struggling to get under it.
- I've stuck to my target of only three cups of tea today
- I've drunk a whole 1litre of squash (could be better if water but one step at a time)
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby EnigmaFish » 14 Jan 2015, 00:55

v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Kanga » 14 Jan 2015, 02:40

Thanks TM, I'll do that for a bit and just eat to appetite. To be honest, if I did that but ate more healthy snacksnidnoribabky lose weight anyway! Plus I need to remember ds2 isn't even 12weeks yet so I don't need to go mad with trying to get back to pre-pg state!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre