Pregnancy Updates - November

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - November

Postby Treeb » 24 Nov 2014, 02:57

I don't remember exactly when/what they did for the blood sugar test when I was pregnant with L. I remember going in and having to drink a sugary drink then get tested an hour later, if I had tested high would then have had to have the two hour test or something. I don't remember if I had to fast before hand or not. Nothing seems very standard from doctor to doctor here (U.S) so I'm not sure if this is a universal method or if each doctor just chooses how/when they prefer to have you checked.

We're 12 weeks along now and getting ready to finally tell people! We don't live close to any of our family, and haven't seen any of them since my sister's wedding when we had just gotten our BFP. Will be seeing my parents, aunts and uncles, cousins and grandma for Thanksgiving this week. Have got L a shirt that says "I'm a big BROTHERsaurus!" with a picture of two dinos on it, and we're planning to have him wear it when we drive out on Tuesday and basically wait and see if anyone notices. Also printed off some photos of him in the shirt, wrote an announcement note on the back and have got them all ready to put in the mail tomorrow to my siblings, dh's parents, and our other grandmother's, so they can all find out at roughly the same time as when we are telling my parents.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby junglewonderland » 24 Nov 2014, 05:14

That is a great announcement Treeb! ouch for your nipples Lily.

Ta for gd test feedback, it does seem like they are ultra cautious over here.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby mindy » 25 Nov 2014, 10:13

How exciting Treeb! I think you must be just a week ahead of me , so if you are late or I'm early then we may have those forum twins you mentioned. Not feeling sick for first time in weeks - good, but now I'm ravenous!!
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby RedRum » 25 Nov 2014, 11:38

I'm 15 weeks, I don't know where the time's gone....

Have freaked out my manager this morning by pointing out that by the time we all get back from various Christmas and New Year holidays and resume business as usual, there will only be about 4 months for me to hand over my role to someone. I pretty much work alone, unsupervised, managing projects and relationships, and there's very little overlap between what I do and what anyone else does. There's about 50% of what I do that no one else understands, and a whole bunch of knowledge that no one else has (not meant to sound cocky, just part of working in a small firm!) It's going to be a bitch to handover.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby RedRum » 27 Nov 2014, 07:53

This is really tmi but I think I have piles :oops: The itching is unbearable, and getting worse. Any tips?! Would like to avoid GP trip if I can as it's such a nightmare getting an appt.
RedRum

Postby pimento » 27 Nov 2014, 09:35

RedRum wrote:This is really tmi but I think I have piles :oops: The itching is unbearable, and getting worse. Any tips?! Would like to avoid GP trip if I can as it's such a nightmare getting an appt.

I lived on Witch Hazel gel- you can get it at boots. I would apply liberally and then also put some on a cotton wool pad and kept it tucked in between my butt cheeks.
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby RedRum » 27 Nov 2014, 09:41

Oooh thank you pimento! I have liberally applied sudocrem this morning which is helping but will get some witch hazel. Love the cotton wool pad idea (although I pee about 30 times a day so plenty of opportunity to reapply!)
RedRum

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 27 Nov 2014, 11:50

My piles are intermitently shocking RR. But they do come and go. When they're bad I've been using the fabulously named 'anusol' (second only to 'vagasil' in the product name stakes I think...). It seems to get them under control and relieve the discomfort fairly quickly. Using wet wipes helps, but for me they do just seem to come and go...
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Treeb » 27 Nov 2014, 14:26

Had a bit of a scare last night. Some bright red spots of blood on the toilet paper when I went pee just before bed. I know some spotting can be normal, but I've never had any bleeding during this pregnancy or the last one, so it was very startling to see. Thankfully I've had no cramping and no more bleeding since, so hopefully all is well. Already have an appointment scheduled for next Friday, so I'll just mention it then unless something else happens before then.

Treeb

Postby RedRum » 27 Nov 2014, 14:35

(((Treeb))) Sorry you've had a scare, hope nothing comes of it. s
RedRum

Postby Lily » 28 Nov 2014, 14:52

Hope you're feeling okay Treeb. I had some bright red spotting around 8 weeks, and however much your rational brain knows it's common and probably harmless, it's still easy to let your anxieties get the better of you. Have some more ((())).

Had my 20 week scan yesterday - all looks healthy and normal, and the placenta is nice and high up and posterior, thank goodness! Am really hoping that may mean no PPH this time. And it's a girl! I had no preferences either way this time, but it does feel a little weird imagining myself with a little girl when I'm so used to having a boy. We haven't told Izbiz yet as he's at nursery on Thursdays and Fridays, and a bit overtired and hyper when he gets home, but I guess we'll take the plunge tomorrow morning.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby mindy » 28 Nov 2014, 18:56

Congratulations Lily , girls rock! (Although I may be slightly biased, having two.....).
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Treeb » 28 Nov 2014, 19:37

Thanks RR and Lily. I've had no more spotting and have felt totally fine yesterday and today, so looks like all is well. Trying to take it easy as much as possible, but that's hard with a toddler!

Congratulations on the girl Lily!

Treeb

Postby mindy » 28 Nov 2014, 20:39

That all sounds positive Treeb, fingers crossed, and yes, take it as easy as life allows!
mindy

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 29 Nov 2014, 09:09

That sounds really positive treeb - really pleased to hear it
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy