Xmas present ideas

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Xmas present ideas

Postby DustyMcBrush » 02 Nov 2014, 19:30

Hit me with some ideas forumites!

I think this may well be our most skint christmas yet, which is bloody saying something. So, this may be wishful thinking but i would really like to get all presents for the girls to come in around £100, which i already have saved for the occasion.

A (2) isn;t a problem, loads of ideas for her. Any recommendations for good construction stuff other than lego etc. would be welcomed.

R (5) however never really seems to be arsed with toys etc. (but maybe that's because im a terribly lazy mummy who can't be bothered to play them with her! Anyhoo, without adding to our overstuffed craft drawers, if anyone has any ideas by way of craft/writing/hands on type stuff i'd love to hear it!

I imagine there will be no big "main" presents for them this year, but can't see they would be too bothered or notice that.

Feel free to share what you are buying for yours!
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Re: Xmas present ideas

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 02 Nov 2014, 20:09

Dress up costumes?
Kitchen or similar?
Beading sets for necklaces/bracelets?
Jigsaws?

Stickle bricks for A?

I've done very well buying off ebay with some good bargains which has kept costs down this year.

Idea's for 2 year old 2nd child please??!!! I'm a bit stuck for a main present for Ickle Pickle!!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 02 Nov 2014, 20:09

Kroomed!!! My reply will be with your shortly!!!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby pirate_han » 02 Nov 2014, 20:14

B is getting a wooden toy shop from Asda (£35) and I have put together a wooden pic n mix set to go with it with wooden sweeties from the BigJigs sale.

Is there anything for A at Wauwaa? I used the code 'WAUBIRTHDAY' yesterday to get £10 off with no minimum spend, I chose a £9.95 Melissa and Doug toy so basically got a free toy for £3.95 delivery charge. Not sure how long the code works for but worth a try.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby pirate_han » 02 Nov 2014, 20:16

Also I find The Works has pretty good craft stuff sometimes and often has codes for free delivery/10% off or similar

<discount code queen> ;)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby mamapup » 02 Nov 2014, 22:00

We are hoping to do kroom for ours as a joint present but the world is.being selfish.and not sellingsecond hand ones on ebay right now!
Also we.have an etchasketch I got ages ago, some books, some train stuff and some long beads for little Croc.

Also struggling with the gifts for second.child thing,.especially since.she is too young to have real opinions. It's all about me not wanting to.give the puppy more than little Croc.as I.don't want him.to get the wrong message.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 02 Nov 2014, 22:01

Baking kit?

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Riotproof » 02 Nov 2014, 22:15

Puzzles?
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby Lioncub's mama » 03 Nov 2014, 11:05

I'm hoping to get lioncub a dressing up box that I can put some scarfs/ hats etc etc (from charity shops) in. And i'd like to get a nice kids baking book that we can do some baking together from.

E is much trickier as its his birthday then christmas a couple of days later, and he's the PNSB. I was thinking maybe a scramble bug or scuttle bug for either b'day or christmas. But other than that I'm pretty stuck!
Lioncub (P) - August 2011
Baby brother (E) - December 2013
Lioncub's mama

Postby Treeb » 03 Nov 2014, 19:53

I have way too many things I want to get for L, and I know I really need to pare down my list. I think dh has a couple things in mind as well, so I think we need to sit down together, talk about which things he is going to get the most enjoyment from, set a budget, etc.

His favorite toy from his birthday this year was the bag of marbles that we spent $1 on, so I know he would be perfectly happy with just a few cheap things, and it's me that is being greedy wanting to buy more/bigger/fancier presents! We also totally over did it for Christmas last year, and definitely don't want to make a habit of that or have him start to expect heaps and heaps of things.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby KatyJo » 04 Nov 2014, 18:43

My 5 year old Godson is really into story writing so a present last year was that I wrote the starting paragraph of 5 different stories & printed them on nice card. I asked him to finish the stories using his great imagination and that he could do as many endings as he liked! He loved it and has kept him entertained for hours! Maybe you could do this or something similar as a little present thatwon't cost anything more than time & card!
First time mummy to little poppet!
KatyJo

Postby pirate_han » 04 Nov 2014, 19:19

mamapup - I think the Ikea k-room is on sale at the moment if that's any help?
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 04 Nov 2014, 20:25

Katyjo - that gift sounds amazing! Definitely banking that for next year when A is a bit older!
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby mamapup » 04 Nov 2014, 21:59

pirate_han wrote:mamapup - I think the Ikea k-room is on sale at the moment if that's any help?

Ooh,.thanks ph.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby mamapup » 04 Nov 2014, 22:01

Oh, no,.it's still £65 unless you're looking somewhere in don't know about.

mamapup

Next

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays