Pregnancy updates - september

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - september

Postby busmother » 22 Sep 2014, 09:17

Right, I suppose I'd better bite the bullet and check in here! Never never never expected to be here, after 8 years trying before we had the buses through IVF. Of course they said we should think about contraception afterwards because it could still happen, and we decided that if it did, we could cope. I was secretly hoping it would, DH definitely felt two was enough, but a lot of time has moved on since then. I have got rid of all the baby stuff (ironically enough some of it in the last couple of months before the builders started, so I was probably already pregnant) and psychologically moved on. I feel completely normal which is why it took me so long to realise. I'm a bit clueless about these things, so if it wasn't that we'd been away at the beginning of July and I remember slight relief that it didn't matter that I'd forgotten to take my mooncup, and then definitely packing it the next time we went away, and definitely not unpacking it since, I really wouldn't have a clue how long it had been. Anyway, nice to see I'm in good company. Sure I'll get to grips with it all soon.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby mindy » 22 Sep 2014, 19:01

4 years is a lovely gap - the twins will be old enough to be excited and help (a bit!) and you will get a few hours alone with baby when they are at school/preschool. It's a very exciting time despite the natural worries and anxieties. So pleased for you! x x
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby Lily » 22 Sep 2014, 19:09

Hello busmother!

Well, I'm off the hook of telling people for a bit longer - my stunningly unobservant mother failed to notice the bump. Big sigh of relief.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby RedRum » 22 Sep 2014, 21:03

Am I allowed to come here and moan? I am feeling so completely exhausted and pathetic. Got home from work and just sat on the sofa, couldn't even bring myself to unload the dishwasher or anything at all useful. Feeling a bit sorry for myself.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 22 Sep 2014, 21:13

Hey busmother! Welcome :)
And yes RR, please do moan. Turns out pregnancy is pretty shite second time round. So please whinge away :)
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby Fozza » 22 Sep 2014, 21:19

At least we have an excuse for being a bit useless RR! Doesn't wash at work tho so you can be extra useless at home. Ok?

Welcome bus mother!!
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby NorthernKitten » 23 Sep 2014, 14:57

nearlymumtobabyfk wrote:Turns out pregnancy is pretty shite second time round. So please whinge away :)

This!!

Am feeling fat and spotty and hairy and unattractive and miserable. Finally persuaded DH to dtd last night (he hates pregnant sex as he's terrified he'll harm the baby even though he knows it's not rational...) and he said halfway through it was 'wierd'. Then wondered why I cried for fifteen minutes!!!!

On plus side, munchkin has decided she's getting a 'baby sister' (which is better than the 'pig in tummy' comments she's been offering me!). I asked what would happen if it was a boy, to be told quite firmly 'boy sister.' So there!
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 23 Sep 2014, 19:40

Oh NK, hugs for the less than romantic 'business'... My issue with dtd is just that I'm so tired. My drive is still very much there, I just can't muster the energy, or quell the sickness. It's a very sad state of affairs...
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby RedRum » 24 Sep 2014, 09:02

nearlymumtobabyfk wrote:Oh NK, hugs for the less than romantic 'business'... My issue with dtd is just that I'm so tired. My drive is still very much there, I just can't muster the energy, or quell the sickness. It's a very sad state of affairs...

This. By the time we make it to bed I am on my knees (and not in a fun way! ;) :oops: ) I am feeling rough. Not quite sick enough to be sick (my most enormous sympathy to those of you who are actually hurling) but low level nausea pretty much all day, a semi-permanent head and neck ache, and I'm so exhausted I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Bleurgh.

Sorry for whingeing. I'm a terrible patient.
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby Kanga » 24 Sep 2014, 09:55

Hugs to everyone feeling rough. RR I always suffer with headaches in early pregnancy, it's the pits.

I'm 36 weeks today, eek! Seeing the midwife again tomorrow & hoping baby isn't still breech.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby busmother » 24 Sep 2014, 10:33

turn baby, turn!
Had my booking appt this morning, and there's a heartbeat! There's definitely something in there. I think up until now I've been slightly in denial - that this can't actually be happening. But it actually is. There really is a baby in there. She thinks I'm about 14 weeks - might have a better idea after the scan this afternoon. So I can tell people what is probably already blatantly obvious.
busmother

Postby junglewonderland » 24 Sep 2014, 13:04

Busmother, I am so excited for you! Are you secretly terrified/hoping there are two in there? I hope you have some lovely moments announcing.

Kanga, all the best for the appt tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

Hugs to those waiting for some second trimester relief.

I have a midwife appt tomorrow too, I wonder what doggy birth stories I will get to hear....
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby busmother » 24 Sep 2014, 19:29

Are you secretly terrified/hoping there are two in there?

Not that secretly! It honestly hadn't occurred to me until DH joked about it when I first told him (I'd known for the previous week but he wasn't there and I wanted to tell him in person). Ever since it's been lurking there, so I had to restrain myself from asking the sonographer straight away 'is there another one?'. There isn't. Would have been a bit exciting, but I'm mostly massively relieved. Not 14 weeks though, 11 weeks and 5 days (how can they be so accurate?), so I'll hold off a bit longer before telling the world. Due the day after the buses' birthday.
The other odd coincidence is that my cousin and his wife had twins after fertility treatment a couple of months before us. She's pregnant again, due in March.
busmother

Postby Lily » 24 Sep 2014, 20:08

Gosh busmother, we might have forum twins! Haven't had my dating scan yet, but by my calculations I'm due around the 12th of April.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Kanga » 25 Sep 2014, 10:25

Just had my midwife appointment & she is fairly certain it's head down :) She found the heartbeat quite low down too so hopefully it's a good sign. I haven't felt any big movements or even anything particularly different in the movements so who knows if it ever was breech! She doesn't want to see me for another 2 weeks so I'm just going to live on my gym ball to get the head down as much as possible!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy