What do your lo's sleep in when you camp?

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

What do your lo's sleep in when you camp?

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 10 Jul 2012, 12:07

Just that really? Do they go in sleeping bags or do you put them under duvets? I worry they'll get frustrated by how limiting sleeping bags are but cold with duvets?
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” - Franklin P. Jones
Seriously_Nutty

Re: What do your lo's sleep in when you camp?

Postby Kanga » 10 Jul 2012, 12:13

Dd has a ready bed like this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... DY+BED.htm and she is a tall 4yo now and still manages with it. When it was really cold while we were camping we did chuck a blanket over her too as the sleeping bag bit doesn't seem that thick.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby madcatmummy » 10 Jul 2012, 12:40

AD has the exact same one! We also use an extra blanket when camping. Now she has a bigger airbed and a sleeping bag so JT can have the wee airbed. If the weather improves he may get to try it this weekend!
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Postby biccytoria » 10 Jul 2012, 12:43

Fleece all in one, duvets with extra blankets in case it's really cold
Mum to Aidan, 5th Aug 2007 and Molly, 14th June 2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsbrown/s ... 809350652/
biccytoria

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 10 Jul 2012, 12:48

biccytoria wrote:Fleece all in one, duvets with extra blankets in case it's really cold

Ohhhh hadn't thought of fleece all in ones..... That's a VERY good idea!
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” - Franklin P. Jones
Seriously_Nutty

Postby ToothFairy » 10 Jul 2012, 12:56

Fleece all-in-one and sleeping bag for Dilly, in my sleeping bag with me for Elsie :D Oh, and Martha's big enough to sort herself out :wink:
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Morlyte » 10 Jul 2012, 16:49

Fleece all in ones for Noah and fleece pjs for joe. They have sleeping bags but both end up crawling out of them now!
Morlyte

Postby MumtoMonsters » 10 Jul 2012, 19:20

We went at the beginning of May and it was f*cking freezing.

The kids wore thermals and fleece PJs in normal (child sized) sleeping bags. I also took their duvets from home which I put on top of the sleeping mat to help keep out the cold. The kids slept fine.

I wasn't nearly so sensibly dressed (I had PJ trousers and a long sleeve thermal top in a normal sleeping bag). I didn't sleep.

DH wore a tshirt in a normal sleeping bag and slept as well as the kids. But he can sleep anywhere, so doesn't count.
2008 and 2010
MumtoMonsters

Postby issi » 10 Jul 2012, 19:37

We take duvets (I love my duvet). Ollie slept in his thick grobag plus blankets - you can never have too many spare blankets!
DS born March 2009. DS2 born October 2011.
issi

Postby ceeLIN » 10 Jul 2012, 20:08

Until recently DD was in the travel cot wearing sleepsuit/pj's (dependant on age) with a fleece sleepsuit over and fleece blankets. She's just over the weight limit for the travel cot now so when we went last week she wore summer pj's and slept on a thermarest in a childs sleeping bag. Initially she found it difficult in the sleeping bag but got used to t really quickly.
DD1 aka Baby Cee July 2009
DD2 March 2013
ceeLIN

Postby weasley » 10 Jul 2012, 20:08

They both have ready beds, fleece jim jams and a child size sleeping bag. Scoot sleeps in his and Toots has his thrown on top as he's too squiggly. They were toasty warm, it was my and DH who were freezing.
Mammy to Scoot(4.7.08) and Toot(4.11.10) and Ducks(26.08.13)
weasley

Postby va.x » 10 Jul 2012, 20:12

Yep PjS and fleece sleep suits here too! P then was in my old sleeping bag with end tucked under ready bed (but he really doesn't like the bed now, not sure when, might be noise on turning over, think we will try him on my old self inflating mattress next time-see a theme here...). F was in little life arc 2 travel cot with extra duvet under cot sheet as mattress is not thick and blanket on too til she woke and came in to our double sleeping bag!

And totally agree you can never have too many blankets.

Where are you planning on going? V.x
mum to pumpkin (Nov 2008)
mum again to frog (March 2011)
mum *again* to jellybean (August 2013)
va.x

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 10 Jul 2012, 21:01

We are camping by a lake in cricklade. Dh and a friend of his jointly own a speedboat so we hire the lake and do various watersports all day. It's all good fun, a bit of a faff for one nights camping but all our friends are there so it should be ok..

I will need to find fleecy sleep suits? Though arch is fussy and might not like that sort of thing? I've found sleeping bags for them. William has a thick gro-bag so I'll put a duvet over him too. We have a folding camper/trailer tent thing so it shouldn't be too cold???
Seriously_Nutty

Postby eterna » 11 Jul 2012, 01:27

Last summer we used a travel pop-up tent inside of our big tent with normal pj's and filled with blankies and usually put a blanket over top of it to help keep the heat in. This year though she's outgrown the pop-up tent so we bought her a sleeping bag. Still haven't got a mat for her though, can't really afford a $100 Thermarest for a couple nights of camping a year, so I'm planning just to bring her old crib mattress and have her sleep on that.

I always sleep in a toque when we're camping so I'll have to dig them out of the winter box, usually that's enough to keep me warm anyways.

Crossing my fingers that she's ok in the bag...and that she doesn't roll off her 3" high mattress onto me and my 1" mat.
Mom to A - Sep. 2009 & O - May 2013
eterna

Return to The Great Outdoors