Reacting to Teething Sachets? (cmpi)

For the label-readers amongst us, a place to marvel at food manufacturers' ability to add milk powder to everything.

Reacting to Teething Sachets? (cmpi)

Postby qbm » 02 May 2012, 17:35

My daughter is cmpi and has been wheezing for the last week. We had just started giving her soya formula once a day having tried her with soya yoghurt over the course of a week with no reaction whatsoever. Anyway, when the wheezing started we stopped giving formula. Then I wondered if it was linked to teething as her teeth have really been bothering her.

Over the last couple of days we have used the Nelson's teething sachets a lot more than we ever have as they really help her. Today her wheezing seemed a lot worse, as did her gums so I gave her the teething sachets as frequently as I could...

I was doing a bit of googling to see if wheezing was related to teething and it seems it's not. Cue panic! Then my OH suggested it might be the sachets as they have lactose in them.

Anyone else experienced this?
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Re: Reacting to Teething Sachets? (cmpi)

Postby Sandytoes » 02 May 2012, 17:45

Not wheezing, but we stopped using the teething sachets (Nelsons and Ashton & Parsons) because T got a red rash around her mouth when she got some on her face that Sandydad didn't wipe off properly.

I dont know what CMPI stands for, but if there's a dairy problem I'd definitely avoid the lactose based teething stuff. You can get the homeopathic chamomilla granules in sugar as an alternative option - they do more or less the same thing.
mummy to T, born 21st August 2009

http://sandytoesanddustyfeet.wordpress.com/
Sandytoes

Return to Allergies