Birth to BLW Status - April

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Re: Birth to BLW Status - April

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 19 Apr 2012, 19:00

Glad the pooplosion was relatively painless PicNic.
Boo to people off wavelength Sapling.

The snot has continued all day, but he is sleeping ok again. Fingers crossed for tonight. The pharmacy sold me saline drops, she suggested trying BM first, and I have some Karvol so we'll see what happens.
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby WishingBone » 19 Apr 2012, 21:07

Saline drops/spray are a lifesaver but they are also a total rip-off when you go through gallons of the stuff like I have this winter. To make your own, cut open the spray unit with a Stanley knife, cold-water sterilise it (thought it might melt in the steam steriliser) and put in a solution of quarter tsp of salt in 8oz water. Then tape it back together with insulation tape and bingo! Must have saved me about 50 quid, literally.

I also found running a humidifier really helped with the congestion, but made the room mouldy :(

Good luck!
Bemused parent to the Bear (2009) and Smudge (2011).
WishingBone

Postby AB&M » 19 Apr 2012, 21:15

Rosie do you have a sucker thingy? Like a bulbous thing with a nozzle? I do saline drops massage nose then suck em out. She isn't keen but her bogeys are HUGE!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby AB&M » 20 Apr 2012, 02:46

I feel like I'm reaching my wits end. Night times are awful ATM & I don't know why. Evenings she goes down around 8 & wakes when I go to bed at 10.

From then on she can nurse almost constantly. Not for hunger always but for comfort as the wind is back. She's writhing all over the bed trying to fart :cry

Of course it's a bit of a vicious circle as nursing to sleep stops her from burping so giving her wind. I try burping her in her sleep but it doesn't work. I've no idea why the wind is so bad again oh & the curds are back too.

So frustrating!!

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby PicNic » 20 Apr 2012, 03:01

(((((((b&m)))))))
It's just so hard seeing your little one struggling and anything happening at night is a killer. Dd seems to be having a growth spurt and chooses her extra feeding to be between 12 and 6 but it's not constant so I send you my sympathies and hugs. Poor little kitten too. Hope you figure out the cause.
Very proud mummy of our adventurous little man 09/09 and our cheeky little lady 11/11
PicNic

Postby AB&M » 24 Apr 2012, 06:57

Well we're now at 23w. She's started to want to play with food. I usually don't let her :wink: She pilfed my sausage last night at dinner. it was a good example of gagging so I was able to talk about food & babies with Bruno so educational!

I'm really struggling with bedtime with DH being away though. Kitten takes a LONG time to get down so she goes to bed after Bruno. That means she is screaming while I put Bruno to bed :( So glad they don't remember this stage!!

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby catkin » 25 Apr 2012, 11:11

B&M, wow 23 weeks already! Seems like no time. Sympathy on the bedtimes, I don't think i could manage on my own.
I also can't believe hamster is 8 weeks already. And time to put away the 0-3 clothes i think, or vests and babygros at least. The 0-3 tights still hang inches off her feet. Is this the natural state of tights, or is my baby a strange shape? I suppose probably the latter, mouse is in 3-4 tops and 18-24 trous still. She had her first attempt at looking girly at the weekend, hence the tights. Tragically ( :wink: ) the extremely pink dress someone gave us was too small already, she looked like a rugby player in a tutu.
We're going to have to consider keeping her head shaved. She has such cute little whorls of new hair now her baby hair is falling out. There's a little spiral on her forehead!
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.
catkin

Postby AB&M » 25 Apr 2012, 19:28

Lol rugby player in a tutu!!

We have only just hung up the tiny first size tights - mainly because of fat belly rather than length though! Sizing is all weird here too but I'm putting it down to v old hand me downs shrinking!

And it will soon be graduation day for us from this board. She has decided she wants to join in at dinner! :scream

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby catkin » 26 Apr 2012, 15:59

HV and jabs this week. On the :) side, HV didn't blink when i mentioned bf-ing the nearly 3 yr old. On the :? side, nurse asked if she was sleeping through yet. 8 weeks?? She's a good sleeper I'd have said, but still a good night is waking once. Fingers x'd for a good night post jabs...
catkin

Postby AB&M » 26 Apr 2012, 20:35

A good night is every 2 hours here :scream although I've noticed she's using me as a dummy a lot so 5 min suck to get back to sleep. She won't take a dummy so a bit at a loss of how to love forwards on that...

So we've had some almighty awful evenings & nights since we an our of dairy free butter :( and I had croissant :oops:

Back on the wagon & hoping for an improvement by the weekend but boy do I desperately crave chocolate biscuits :(

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby catkin » 26 Apr 2012, 21:13

Hope the dairy-free helps again, sounds like a nightmare :( Perhaps when she gets going on food it might actually help? I know we're not supposed to believe that food helps sleep and all, but maybe changing the mix of stomach contents might help with the wind/indigestion issues? Mouse was a bit of an every 2 hours baby, so can totally sympathise.
catkin

Postby sparkling » 26 Apr 2012, 21:55

We're into 3-6 months too, tights seem to be a law unto themselves though! Bell had the second lot of jabs yesterday, her leg looks a bit bruised but otherwise no bad effects. Poor thing got trodden on by her sister earlier today though :(

Bell is downstairs with us in the evenings at the moment, once she goes to bed with us and although it's pretty variable we usually only get 1/2 wake ups before I get up. Jiglet slept pretty well until 6 months and then it all went to pot until she was nearly 2 so I'm not going to make any assumptions!
Jiglet, Mar'09 & Bell, Jan'12
sparkling

Postby t&n's mummy » 27 Apr 2012, 20:44

Just a quick update from here, N doing really well 2/3 wake ups in the night, T testing boundaries but mostly good- can anyone recommend any books on toddler behaviour? DH is coming to visit us in 2 weeks time and I will be getting 2 nieces/ nephews by the end of the year- hurray!!!
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby sparkling » 28 Apr 2012, 22:21

Yay for DH visiting and new nieces/nephews, very exciting :D

I'm really looking forward to my sister visiting with her family in July, she's in USA and I've only met my nephew when we went over when he was 6 weeks. He will be just 1 and it will be the first time they meet Bell. My parents have booked a cottage in Wales for a week for all of us and our other sister, it will be our first holiday together since I went to uni and we have now got 2 DHs and 3 littlies as well.

Bell is 3 months today - can't believe we're half way to BLW already!
Jiglet, Mar'09 & Bell, Jan'12
sparkling

Postby AB&M » 29 Apr 2012, 04:33

I now understand why people say to wean to help night wakings <yawn>

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

PreviousNext

Return to Birth to BLW