BLW bit in M&B

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

BLW bit in M&B

Postby AB&M » 29 Sep 2007, 20:44

Anyone seem the BLW bit in Mother & Baby magazine? They are quite positive but refer to someone else's website. www.babybanana.biz

Maybe we should email them and point them in Aitch's direction?
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Aitch » 29 Sep 2007, 22:38

maybe you should... :wink: that's hannah's website, she's very nice. :D
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby babybanana » 30 Sep 2007, 10:15

Haha! Ooooh how dare they lol!

Thanks Aitch :wink:

The article was pretty good though don't you think :D Even the pitfalls weren't that negative.
Hannah Banana - Doula Mamma
Homebirthing, Baby Led Weaning, Cloth Using, Baby Signing Mum & Proud
Always Smiling!!! :D
www.babybanana.biz
www.doulamamma.co.uk
babybanana

Postby Spottyshoes » 30 Sep 2007, 10:54

Yes it was quite positive but only really small. I feel like writing to them to ask them to do a bigger piece to 'spread the word' :D Everyone I've told about it thinks it great and makes a lot of sense (including my mum dh which is a huge result!) and will be trying it with their own babies! I think more people should know about it - it wasnt even mentioned to me by my HV! Shall I link this fab site?
Spottyshoes

Postby AB&M » 30 Sep 2007, 11:05

I was disappointed that it wasn't part of their weaning special further into the magazine but definitely a positive outlook for it. I do like the fact that the negative was the concern about choking or something rather than actually saying they could choke.

I'm surprised AK was willing to give them something for the same issue :wink:

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby babybanana » 30 Sep 2007, 14:57

I would really like to see a proper full feature on it. I was hoping they were going to print the full lists of do's and dont's as I forwarded hem to her. So that it's more of showing people how it's done rather than just saying how good it is iykwim.

I'm still debating going along and chatting to some hv's see if i can use my big gob and chat blw myself!!
www.babybanana.biz
www.doulamamma.co.uk
babybanana

Postby Aitch » 30 Sep 2007, 15:40

i can't wait to see it now. i've bought more baby mags in the last few months than i ever did when dd was a baby.
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby babybanana » 30 Sep 2007, 15:55

i think I have bought 2 this time round! One was for a train journey when I was about 12 weeks pg and the other was the PP issue with me and thee in it!

I got through hundreds with DS (now 8 yrs) but I was a young mum and wanted to know everything without having to ask scarey HV's!!

I still need to go get this one. It was a friend of my sister that showed me hers. It's not amazing, don't get too excited but it is most definitely 10 x better than the AK one in PP.
www.babybanana.biz
www.doulamamma.co.uk
babybanana

Postby AB&M » 30 Sep 2007, 18:29

I have a subscription :oops: I like the window shopping bits!

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Spottyshoes » 30 Sep 2007, 18:39

I have a subscription too but am still on the July issue!!!! :? Only opened this months to read the BLW bit - gone are the days when I could read P/M&B cover to cover in a leisurely bath *sigh*
Spottyshoes

Postby babybanana » 30 Sep 2007, 19:49

I would love to read ANYTHING cover to cover leisurely! BB has a habit of sitting on any book or magazine I try to read!!

Or alternatively she climbs on the dining table for attention instead!! :cry
www.babybanana.biz
www.doulamamma.co.uk
babybanana

Postby bella » 01 Oct 2007, 12:25

There are people out there who still get to have a bath? A BATH? I'm lucky to get long enough in the shower to shave my legs and even then, I've usually got a small person sitting in the bathroom eyeing me suspiciously. Ah.... the good old days when you could take a book into the bath and luxuriate...
bella

Postby AB&M » 01 Oct 2007, 18:39

Bruno likes to watch us have a bath - he's not that mobile yet so I'm sure it will soon get boring. As for cover to cover, well, if you mean over a period of a month then yes :wink:

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby babybanana » 01 Oct 2007, 22:48

Lol BB often pulls back the shower curtain to play peebo with me of a morning!

As for the mag, I bought it today and had a little chuckle to myself with the FREE WEANING SPOON!!! pmsl! and does AK write for every effing baby mag or what????

It did have 2 spoons, one of those daft long ones that would be no good for BB to use but the other looks like it might do good for her to use for yoghurt but can't see her getting any amount of proper food on it though.

I need to scan it, well figure out where the scanner is! But I did like the intro... "Log on to any parenting chatroom and someone will be discussing them - Baby led weaning, freebirthing and EC have got mums worldwide debating. But whether these parenting philosophies are embraced or ridiculed, they've won a place in the minds of some mums in the uk. So what's the truth behind them, and should you give them a go?"

YES Everyone should!!
www.babybanana.biz
www.doulamamma.co.uk
babybanana

Return to Random Thoughts