Moving to Canterbury

Some of us get together from time to time in order to talk about the latest issue of Heat magazine, global politics, important developments in lipstick manufacture and, er, Baby-Led Weaning.

Moving to Canterbury

Postby LucyLastic » 15 Nov 2012, 23:02

Hi - We're moving a couple of miles away from Canterbury next week (Aaaarghh!), where we know absolutely no one at all and I'm really keen to get out and meet people. Little C is now just over 6 months old and I haven't taken her to any Mother & Baby groups locally as I knew we were going to be moving and I couldn't face striking up new friendships only to have that support wrenched away from me through geographical inconvenience. Melodramatic? Moi?

So, we move next week and the internet is not proving to be particularly fruitful at providing me with info. I guess I can just wait until I get there, register with the GP and look to see if there are any posters on the wall, but I figured I'd ask here first. Obviously, I *should* be packing rather than iPadding, but, well...

Thanks for any ideas :)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: Moving to Canterbury

Postby Fozza » 16 Nov 2012, 00:47

Check out the nearest children's centre. We have a few round here and there is always something on. If you sling or bfeed there are often groups of like minded mamas to be found. I am not too far from Canterbury I'm sure we could arrange a welcome to kent meet up in your honor (don't expect a big turn out! Kent meets are notoriously small).
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Return to Meeting Up