Glasgow/Stirling/Edinburgh pre christmas?

Some of us get together from time to time in order to talk about the latest issue of Heat magazine, global politics, important developments in lipstick manufacture and, er, Baby-Led Weaning.

Re: Glasgow/Stirling/Edinburgh pre christmas?

Postby madcatmummy » 29 Nov 2012, 22:22

Perfect. I will be at the museum in imagine at the above stated time!
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Postby FestiveTidings » 30 Nov 2012, 18:49

I'm getting really narked now. I'll have to give this one a miss too. My dishwasher has broken and the earliest appt I could get for an engineer? You've guessed it. Friday the freaking 7th.

I'll be glad when this year is over. It's just been utter crap
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby PolarBearGirl » 30 Nov 2012, 19:42

FanToosh wrote:I'm getting really narked now. I'll have to give this one a miss too. My dishwasher has broken and the earliest appt I could get for an engineer? You've guessed it. Friday the freaking 7th.

Aaargh - what's the betting he doesn't get to you until 4.30....

See you next time I hope!
A 03/08 & F 02/11 favorite passer by quotes 'isn't he alert' and 'they must keep you busy' ;)
PolarBearGirl

Postby Scozzie » 30 Nov 2012, 19:47

Bummer FanToosh. However, broken dishwasher = nightmare so hope the guy gets it sorted.

We'll be there, looking fwd to seeing/meeting you all.

BTW I went to the Christmas markets this morning and they weren't too crazy early in the day, lots of people with small kids. If anyone's contemplating it, mornings might be more civilised than I thought!
Mum to the Poppet, born October 2011. A person's a person, no matter how small...
Scozzie

Postby FestiveTidings » 30 Nov 2012, 20:01

I'm starting to think I should organise a spring meet. At my house. So at least I'll know I can make it!!! Pot luck anyone?
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Disco » 01 Dec 2012, 07:32

Thats a bummer fantoosh. you call the shots for the next one OK?

Scozzie/anyone else- I'm easy re the market vs museum.
Went to the market in Glasgow last weekend - ha! saturday lunch time is NOT a good time to go with kids!
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby qbm » 01 Dec 2012, 08:15

FanToosh wrote:I'm starting to think I should organise a spring meet. At my house. So at least I'll know I can make it!!! Pot luck anyone?

I can't make this one either as I work til 12:30 so I might hold you to that one :D
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby aliantha » 01 Dec 2012, 09:45

We can make the 7th. The market has the advantage of the vats of mulled wine, but the museum would be good. DD likes to wander around so the museum would be better from that point of view. Looking forward to meeting you!
DD - Oct '11
aliantha

Postby busmother » 02 Dec 2012, 21:32

Think we'll still give any marketing a miss. Anything like that is just a nightmare with my two. Either they're in the buggy and wanting to get out, or out of the buggy in different directions. And I've been too many times over the years to get excited now. But happy to join later if everyone else is keen.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby Disco » 02 Dec 2012, 22:10

I'm not bothered either way busmother, but the museum will probably be more relaxing (ha!) maybe its best to stick with that anyway.
Thats a shame ratoncito. hope you can come next time.

Disco

Postby PolarBearGirl » 02 Dec 2012, 22:45

We're up for the museum at 11.30, we're planning to visit the market with 2 adults as one adult would be on the stressful side...
A 03/08 & F 02/11 favorite passer by quotes 'isn't he alert' and 'they must keep you busy' ;)
PolarBearGirl

Postby booksnob » 06 Dec 2012, 11:42

Sorry I've been so quiet on here, but I've been trying to decide what to do! I'm afraid we're not going to make it tomorrow. C has had a nasty virus, and she missed nursery on Friday and Monday because of it. She's just asked me (quite tearfully) if today is the last day of nursery, and she took some reassuring that there are still two weeks before the holidays. I am so loathe to choose her 2.5 hours of nursery over meeting up with lovely people, but she loves it so much! If she hadn't missed those couple of days because of Illness we'd definitely be there. Hope you all have a great time, and hopefully we'll make the Glasgow meet.

P.S. Scozzie, it was lovely to run into you the other day! I'm sorry for making the Poppet cry :oops: . And I only realised after we carried on our way that my inside voice had been urging me not to use your real name, so I didn't introduce you properly to DP. At least I didn't introduce you as Scozzie, that would've been even more :oops: !
DD1(C) July 2009
DD2(M) March 2015
booksnob

Postby Disco » 06 Dec 2012, 14:20

Oh thats a shame booksnob. Glad C is feeling better.
Hope to see you in Glasgow soon though.

Disco

Postby PolarBearGirl » 07 Dec 2012, 08:05

Really sorry but we're not going to make it today - A has been a bit off for the past couple of days and we've had disturbed nights (up for about 3 hrs on Weds night) and F woke up with a temperature today. I don't think its anything bad but we're all overtired and off so I think a trip to town will end in tears - probably mine ;)

Hope you all have fun! Maybe next time?
PolarBearGirl

Postby Scozzie » 07 Dec 2012, 09:00

Bummer pbg, hope you all feel better for a quiet day.

We're on track for 11am at Imagine - I'm hoping to get there early as we'll need to leave promptish after lunch or naps will all go to pot!

Looking forward to seeing you soon guys.

Booksnob, don't worry, you didn't make the Poppet cry - she's teething (always, it seems) and had been wailing all day! And I did exactly the same thing and nearly introduced you using your forum name ;)
Mum to the Poppet, born October 2011. A person's a person, no matter how small...
Scozzie

PreviousNext

Return to Meeting Up