August/September Central Scotland

Some of us get together from time to time in order to talk about the latest issue of Heat magazine, global politics, important developments in lipstick manufacture and, er, Baby-Led Weaning.

Re: August/September Central Scotland

Postby madcatmummy » 20 Aug 2012, 21:46

See you all there. Not decided how we'll travel yet. Just seen the weather till Thursday, didn't look so nice. Hopefully it'll cheer up by Friday!
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Postby Disco » 21 Aug 2012, 07:44

booksnob wrote:Straight along Trongate, then down High St? Yup, we'll be fine (I'll stick my A to Z in bag, just in case!). Off to check the weather forecast...

Yep, except High st is called the Saltmarket after Trongate, buts thats just a technicality ;)

Forecast for fri is the worse of the week so far :? Lets hope it changes its mind as the week progresses.
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby busmother » 21 Aug 2012, 08:32

The more the merrier!
Booksnob and Scozzie, do you both have my number from the last meet, in case we have any probs? I know Booksnob was there, but can't remember if you were, Scozzie.

See you all soon.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby PolarBearGirl » 21 Aug 2012, 19:27

We'll probably just see you there too, I think we're going to get the train from Edinburgh park to avoid having to go into town, we get into Queen street too. Do we have a back up plan if the weather is awful?
A 03/08 & F 02/11 favorite passer by quotes 'isn't he alert' and 'they must keep you busy' ;)
PolarBearGirl

Postby Disco » 21 Aug 2012, 19:45

Just to go hang out in the winter gardens/peoples palace I guess. The only pain would be walking there. But its plenty big enough fr the kids to run around the plants or museum bit.

PBG if you're getting the new Edinburgh line and it stops at high st (I think they all do - its just before queen street) then I'd get off there as you'll have less to walk. Basically come out of the station, walk left down the hill for 5-10 mins until you come to the Glasgow Green which will be on your left.
And if its raining and we've agreed peoples palace then walk through the park til you see a the big conservatory ;) and we'll meet in there.
Only minus is that station doesn't have a lift.

Disco

Postby Splash » 22 Aug 2012, 06:54

I will be coming on the new line so I would get off there if anyone else is? If not I will just meet the others at queen street.
Mum to R (July 2010), A (Dec 2013).
Splash

Postby PolarBearGirl » 22 Aug 2012, 14:25

That's great DC, thanks!

It looks like we'll be getting the new line to High street Splash - so if you want to meet at the station I'd be happy to do that, there's a train from Edinburgh Park at 9.45ish which gets in at 10.40 which I think we might aim for so we could meet thenish if it suits you.

I'll be the one with two very excited small boys and probably a red babyjogger, unless it's bucketing down as I can't find the raincover...
A 03/08 & F 02/11 favorite passer by quotes 'isn't he alert' and 'they must keep you busy' ;)
PolarBearGirl

Postby Splash » 22 Aug 2012, 17:52

That's the train I planned to get so I will look out for you when I get on. I will be the one looking around for you.
Splash

Postby busmother » 22 Aug 2012, 19:38

Waverley-ers, prob easiest just to meet at the platform and see if we can get a good spot. We usually go for the disabled access carriage as can then park the buggy in one of the wheelchair spaces. Looking out for one hideous pink buggy (booksnob), one child in a carrier (scozzie) and one ginormous red double buggy (me), and then waving frantically out of the window at Linlithgow for (scrolls back desperately through the previous posts to check)... ratoncito.

Still swithering about whether to take the McLaren which is a pig to push about but does fold neatly-ish, or my super-deluxe monster buggy. Mostly inclined towards the monster, but there is the risk that if the train is full of bikes and wheelchairs, we wouldn't get on. Hmmm. But whichever way we go, it's big and red, and full of blond toddlers, so you shouldn't miss it.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby FestiveTidings » 23 Aug 2012, 06:41

Ladies, I'm gutted to say I cant make it tomorrow. Just too many other demands on my purse this months. :-(

I'm really sorry that I won't get to meet you guys in person - hope next time it will work out.

Have a fabulous time and post some FB pics so I can see them!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Disco » 23 Aug 2012, 07:24

Thats a shame sweetcheeks. I hope you can make it next time. :(

The weather looks like its lifted a bit - No rain due over morning and lunch time :) Not very warm and don't think the clouds will break but its an improvement from the heavy rain that was forecast a few days ago.

Disco

Postby Scozzie » 23 Aug 2012, 13:40

Bummer sweetcheeks, I was looking forward to meeting the inventor of my latest favourite swear word! Hope you had a lovely birthday.

Fingers crossed for the weather...
Mum to the Poppet, born October 2011. A person's a person, no matter how small...
Scozzie

Postby Splash » 23 Aug 2012, 17:04

Should we take lunch or will we be buying lunch?
Splash

Postby PolarBearGirl » 23 Aug 2012, 17:29

Hi

I'm not sure if we're going to make it tomorrow, A is running a temperature, he's ok with drugs but shivery and pathetic when they wear off, I was hoping he'd improve as the day went on but it doesn't seem to be happening... In fact unless a miracle cure happens overnight we probably won't make it (I've not told A yet he's been really looking forward to the train etc :( ).

If I don't see you I hope you all have a good time and the weather holds!
PolarBearGirl

Postby Disco » 23 Aug 2012, 17:49

Oh thats a shame PBG. I hope he's feeling better soon :(

If PBG is definitely not coming I could come meet you at high st station Splash? Its only a slight detour, but I don't mind if you'd rather not walk down yourself.

I'm bringing lunch with me. But I suppose folk can get something on the way or in the cafe at the peoples palace.

Disco

PreviousNext

Return to Meeting Up