August/September Central Scotland

Some of us get together from time to time in order to talk about the latest issue of Heat magazine, global politics, important developments in lipstick manufacture and, er, Baby-Led Weaning.

Re: August/September Central Scotland

Postby Disco » 25 Aug 2012, 08:26

haha, yes, defiant yet placid!
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby FestiveTidings » 25 Aug 2012, 10:04

You have to share - shouty stick man? Was it as deranged as it sounds?
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby qbm » 25 Aug 2012, 18:36

sweetcheeks wrote:You have to share - shouty stick man? Was it as deranged as it sounds?

I second this! In my head I see an actual stick man... :D
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Scozzie » 25 Aug 2012, 19:05

At the playpark there was a guy who was a bit... interesting. We noticed him at first when he was bellowing threats at (I assume) his two daughters.

However he kindly gave a large heavy stick to two of the kids - Discocrispo's DS took a bit of a shine to him I think? I missed this bit cause I was enjoying Booksnob's flapjack!

Then later on he must have taken it back, and Booksnob's DD got very upset. He then just stood next to her laughing and twirling it while she was sobbing, lying on the ground. None of us had realised she was upset - because what kind of adult responds that way to a crying kid? Most peculiar.

Oh... and I'm not judging his appearance but he was quite a big guy, in army fatigue trousers, with a beard that had two plait things. So the whole thing was a bit surreal.

Actually I wondered last night if it was the elusive Scary Fairy?!
Mum to the Poppet, born October 2011. A person's a person, no matter how small...
Scozzie

Postby busmother » 25 Aug 2012, 20:26

Is shouty stick man Scary Fairy? That made me giggle. But it's not impossible - he sets up a meeting, and then sits back and watches us and waves sticks, giggling into his plaity beard that we're all there because of him.
On a slightly more sensible note, we too had a lovely day, and got slightly sunburned (which I wasn't really expecting) and slept very well. Lovely to see you all again / meet you and your lovely children. Now we just have to wait for SF to set us up with another meeting and see what his disguise will be next time.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby FestiveTidings » 25 Aug 2012, 20:26

God, what a knobhead for the following reasons.

A) giving random kids a big stick to play with.

B) taking it back and laughing when kiddies start crying

C) thinking hes a extra from braveheart with his beard braids!

The world is full of weirdos and they all live in Scotland!

I was expecting an old grumpy guy waving his walking stick as the kids were too loud!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Disco » 25 Aug 2012, 20:32

Scozzie wrote:We noticed him at first when he was bellowing threats at (I assume) his two daughters.

Sorry pedantic note - one of his kids was actually a boy with beautiful long blond curls!
I had been admiring his hair, you don't usually see wee boys with long hair much past their shoulders. This was right down his back.

Yeah my Son had been chatting to shouty stick man and showing him random twigs off the ground, he had this big stick and eventually gave it to Son to play with, but said he couldn't keep it. Son ran off with it, Booksnob's C had it for a while, then Son again, then the man asked for it back which son reluctantly did. When C saw the man had it again she asked for it, he said no and she threw an impressive wobbly. I love a good tantrumming toddler, and have to admit I found it funny too, but him laughing at her whilst waving it around was a bit strange.

Aww poor scary fairy. She's never going to post here again!
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby Scozzie » 26 Aug 2012, 08:56

Ooh, thanks DC, I hate making the gender mistake! I'm being too lazy to wear my glasses these days so I'm a bit blind :oops: I was admiring his hair too.

And apologies to Scary Fairy if you're reading this thread, I have a silly sense of humour - you're always welcome here!
Mum to the Poppet, born October 2011. A person's a person, no matter how small...
Scozzie

Previous

Return to Meeting Up