yorkshire xplore meet poll

Some of us get together from time to time in order to talk about the latest issue of Heat magazine, global politics, important developments in lipstick manufacture and, er, Baby-Led Weaning.

which is your prefered wednesday?

9th
15%
16th
23%
23rd
38%
30th
23%

Total votes : 13

Re: yorkshire xplore meet poll

Postby realsLINshady » 23 Nov 2011, 18:49

We made it home (door to door) in 70 mins - including a stop at M&S at the station for clementines.

WHat a day!

DD2, depsite being sulky and non-joining-in whilst there, has been recounting tales of her "citing day out in soft play" to a now sulky and jealous DD1. SIGH.

Lovely to see you all and have baby cuddles.
realsLINshady

Postby sparkling » 23 Nov 2011, 19:24

Oh yes, my ignore-all-other-children daughter has just been singing goodnight to everybody, including the babies! She slept most of the way home, and the upside of DH having been off work with no voice was that even I managed to have a quick nap before having to sort dinner!

Good to see you all (although I'm sure I'll suffer for all that climbing tomorrow...)
sparkling

Postby Where'stheMistletoe » 23 Nov 2011, 19:37

Lovely to meet everyone. Wriggles fell asleep as soon as we left the car park and stayed asleep in his car seat long enough for me to cook tea!! Had a lovely time.

(And yes, Elmbed, milkshake was scrummy!)
Mummy to gorgeous wriggly baby boy (Jan 11) and beautiful baby girl (Oct 13)
Where'stheMistletoe

Postby Stormwind » 23 Nov 2011, 20:25

We had a lovely time (although I feel I barely spoke to anybody as I was following the boys around so much!). DS1 was really on a high tonight and has talked almost non-stop about Steeler's DD :D - he's planning the Christmas card he's going to make for her!

Glad everyone got home ok :)
Ds1 born 2007
Ds2 born 2010
Stormwind

Postby fourweewonders » 23 Nov 2011, 20:42

Stormwind wrote:We had a lovely time (although I feel I barely spoke to anybody as I was following the boys around so much!). DS1 was really on a high tonight and has talked almost non-stop about Steeler's DD :D - he's planning the Christmas card he's going to make for her!

This is why we'll have to think up some kind of babyless weaning meetup
Mum to B (b.sept 2006) & E (b.sept 2009) and R & A (b.july 2011).
fourweewonders

Postby Tintin » 23 Nov 2011, 21:47

Stormwind wrote:DS1 was really on a high tonight and has talked almost non-stop about Steeler's DD :D - he's planning the Christmas card he's going to make for her!

Aw, the feeling's mutual! :D (Despite her being a sulky 'mare at times "mummy, he's spoiling my game", she talked about him all evening and kept telling daddy how much fun she had with him!)
And lin's and sapling's DDs didn't come across as unsociable to Stompy at least - daddy has also been told all about them and how they were all playing on the slide together.

She was exhausted and slept most of the way home - but thankfully still went to bed at the normal time.

We must do these meets more regularly though - as this morning, Stompy was claiming to have never met any of them before (despite me showing her photos of them all together at the Sculpture Park!)...

Oh, and a BabyLessWeaning meet-up sounds great! ;)
DD1 Stompy, home-birthed Feb 08
DD2 Squeak, home-birthed March 11
Tintin

Previous

Return to Meeting Up