South Island Kiwis?

Some of us get together from time to time in order to talk about the latest issue of Heat magazine, global politics, important developments in lipstick manufacture and, er, Baby-Led Weaning.

South Island Kiwis?

Postby Savysmom » 24 Apr 2008, 05:12

Sav, DH and I will be going to the South Island next week...any Kiwi BLW moms fancy lunch or something with a few crazy yanks? We'll be landing in Christchurch on the 31st and plan to head south to Dunedin, Inverness, Queenstown, et al, and if time and money allow, north to Nelson/Blenheim area.

Let me know if you're out there (or interested) and I'll provide a more detailed itinerary.
Savysmom

Postby 3KiwiChicks » 24 Apr 2008, 07:06

Hi! Well we live in Christchurch... how long will you be here for? Is it your first time to NZ? Are you coming over for fun or business? Bring your jackets its getting cold here. Would highly recommend making Nelson/Blenheim - especially if your into wine! Oh, lots of questions! Sorry. :oops:
3KiwiChicks

Postby Savysmom » 24 Apr 2008, 12:28

Hi, Alex'smum,

We're flying into and out of Christchurch--will be in country from about May 31st to the 12th. We're going mostly for pleasure, though DH has some business in Wellington on the 5th and will leave me and the girl in Christchurch for the day (he'll fly up and back same day). We want to make it to Nelson, etc, but gas prices are definitely defining our budget, so we'll have to play that by ear.

As for the cold weather, we can't wait...we've pulled all the cold weather gear out of storage and are eagerly anticipating at least a little shivering and snuggling in sweaters and blankets....can't do so much of that in the Caribbean!! We've been waiting for winter for a few years now!
Savysmom

Postby 3KiwiChicks » 24 Apr 2008, 21:51

Ohhh! Well June is one of the colder months! Goodness at that time of year you will probably get some snow down south! Its very pretty here in winter, you are going to have a ball! :D Unfortunately the petrol is just as expensive here as everywhere else! I will check my diary but I am pretty sure that something can be arranged! I will get back to you soon! Bet your getting excited now then![/b]
3KiwiChicks

Postby Savysmom » 25 Apr 2008, 11:49

Oop, sorry, just reread my previous post...we'll be flying into and out of Christchurch on April 30th and May 12th (don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that...), and as mentioned, we'll definitely be in town on the 5th while DH goes north. We're flying out on Tuesday. So you BET we're getting excited! Everyone we tell we're going to New Zealand either gets this far off, dreamy look in their eyes followed by one of utter jealousy, or else looks at us quizzically ("is that in Massachussetts??"--crazy islanders..).

We went to the North Island in '03 and loved it...while we were there, all the locals were telling us that if we liked that, we ought to go to the South Island. Couldn't swing it on that trip, but that's what we're coming back for this time. We're SO excited!

So sorry for any confusion, and if you have time, it would be lovely to meet you!
Savysmom

Postby 3KiwiChicks » 27 Apr 2008, 00:19

Hey there Savysmom! Would love to meet up...... luckily the time that you are here is blissfully free! :D Up to you, we can meet on the 5th or if you would like DH to be there too then we could always organize something with DH's too! I am easy. My lovely husband has off Tue, Fri & Sat. I am as free as a bird whenever. I will leave it up to you as I know it can get hectic trying to fit things in while you are away. I will send you a personal email with my details. :D I'm very excited for you! Its fun going on holiday!
3KiwiChicks

Return to Meeting Up