Talk to me about bunk beds

Best high chair? (We all know it's the Ikea one really but refusniks will bring us tales of Tripp-Trappery and booster seats). Have you discovered an excellent finger food snack, toothbrush, bib or more importantly A Lipstick That Really Does Stay On?

Re: Talk to me about bunk beds

Postby StJuniper » 29 Apr 2016, 11:11

Or bribing her with chocolate until she gets out of the habit of calling you in the night? I may have done that last month... Talk about PMM.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby Kitcameron » 01 May 2016, 15:47

We bribed with boiled eggs for ages lol, and SM has had a sticker chart to reward for not shouting me at night and has just earnt her pedal bike (35 stars), and now it's all gone downhill. Dh thinks the reward chart has caused more stress to us all when she hasn't earnt her star and has screamed about it so he doesn't want to go down the reward track again.

They both have gro clocks, and blackout blinds. It is pitch black in CMs room when she's been getting up so not light related. And I keep thinking about waking to sleep but chicken ing out, what if she wakes up and I can't get her back to sleep?

Had a terrible night last night. We always seem to forget that actually our girls do not sleep very well at my parents, much as I might like to think they do. SM Usually ends up sleeping on our floor cos we often come when my grandma is down too so she has the bed SM would sleep in otherwise. We took the space mattress through into our room last night for SM as I didn't think she slept well in her ready bed but apparently she doesn't sleep well on a mattress either. She woke about 1am and seemed wide awake and was complaining she couldn't get back to sleep, she got bored and wanted to get up at 3am. CM woke up about 2.15 crying for milk. This is the first time she's woken up in the night wanting milk for months and months so I didn't know whether to feed her and try getting her back to sleep, as I think the problem is teething so I think she's using milk as a painkiller, or to say no and have her screaming so as not to form bad sleep habits. So paranoid about starting new bad sleep habits as this is where we started with SM aaaaages ago and still trying to get her to sleep through consistently. Anyway as we are at my parents went for feeding but she wouldn't feed back to sleep. She was happy whilst in my arms but as soon as I tried putting her into bed she screamed and stood up. In the end we had to bring the mattress SM was supposed to be sleeping on (she was in bed with daddy, awake) and put it back into CMs room so we could sleep there. She went back to sleep fairly soon after that but I couldn't as I was so uncomfortable.

Feel shattered today and trying so hard to be patient and not snap at kids. CM has refused to nap for the past two days and is also shattered and horribly whingy now so praying she sleeps better tonight and we've gone past the sleep breeds sleep point.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Treeb » 01 May 2016, 17:23

(((KC))) Sounds like you need some kind of baby sleep-whisperer to come sort things out!

Also, I love that you used boiled eggs as bribes. Mine won't even eat eggs so I guess that wouldn't work here.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Kitcameron » 01 May 2016, 20:10

They only eat the white part, strange kids lol.

Like I say, I'm hoping CM is just teething and will go back to normal fairly soon and SM was so terrible last night due to not being in her normal bed. She fell asleep on the boob tonight so I let her lie in my arms for ten minutes or so and then transferred her to bed without waking up. Hoping and praying they both sleep better tonight dont expect to share a bed with us every night. Just read a god article about our kids just needing to be near their Mama sometimes and how we should just roll with it as these days pass so quickly (in retrospect) and 'everything's a phase'.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Previous

Return to Product Recommendations