Nutribullet or mini chopper

Best high chair? (We all know it's the Ikea one really but refusniks will bring us tales of Tripp-Trappery and booster seats). Have you discovered an excellent finger food snack, toothbrush, bib or more importantly A Lipstick That Really Does Stay On?

Nutribullet or mini chopper

Postby LucyLastic » 22 Feb 2016, 14:33

As iterated in previous threads, my mini chopper broke some time ago and I haven't replaced it. I'd like to get something that can make breadcrumbs, chop/grind nuts and seeds, make CT's date balls, make pesto, chop an onion, etc. I would also like to increase my intake of healthy green veg and fruit. I am not brilliant at incorporating enough fruit and veg into my diet but I'm not yet convinced that the Nutribullet is the way to go.
Do any of you have a Nutriwhatsit? What do you use it for? Can it do the things I've listed? Has it encouraged you to up your intake of leafy greens and fruit?
Thanks in advance.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: Nutribullet or mini chopper

Postby Lily » 22 Feb 2016, 15:42

I have a Nutribullet and use it lots. I don't chop with it because it's almost too powerful, and reduces things to mush so quickly that getting actual pieces is a real knack. But it's brilliant for things like pesto, dips, date bars, and anything pureed, and has special blades for milling seeds. The other main advantage over a traditional jug blender is that it's extremely easy to clean. It's also very handy that you can unscrew the blades, screw on a lid instead, and use the cups to store whatever you've made. I don't really make smoothies but that's a matter of personal taste; if you like them, it does them very well.

I can't say it's increased my veg intake. I think the best thing I've done on that front is to start getting a veg box delivery; it guilts me into using it all every week! I find that I now start my meal planning from the veg, instead of them being an afterthought to the protein.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby EnigmaFish » 22 Feb 2016, 23:27

We had a veg box for awhile too, when we lived in their delivery area. It was great, and like Lily, it definitely meant we ate more veg and planned more meals around it. I also liked that we tried new things, and unusual things that we wouldn't normally buy.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby StJuniper » 23 Feb 2016, 03:09

No experience with the k-room gadgets in questions, but the Harvard Healthy Eating Plate has been really helping me incorporate more fruit & veg into our diet. It's just so easy to remember, no trying to remember x-number of servings, just-- half your plate fruit and veg. I can handle that. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionso ... ing-plate/
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Return to Product Recommendations