car seat/buggy potty training mat?

Best high chair? (We all know it's the Ikea one really but refusniks will bring us tales of Tripp-Trappery and booster seats). Have you discovered an excellent finger food snack, toothbrush, bib or more importantly A Lipstick That Really Does Stay On?

car seat/buggy potty training mat?

Postby Fish&Chips » 29 May 2014, 19:14

I am slowly getting ready to take C out of nappies at daytime. He has had few days of running around bare bum when it was worm, we have a log way ahead of us yet, but I am just trying to prepare. I was doing some research today and thought it was going to be easy to get a waterproof mat/padding, but after reading reviews it seems like there isn't anything that really stops the leakage on to the seat. We have spent a lot of money on car seat and buggy, would like something reliable. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Mummy to gorgeous boy since Dec 2012
Fish&Chips

Re: car seat/buggy potty training mat?

Postby SparklePetal » 29 May 2014, 19:17

Don't know what you can buy, but my sister has made her own and I hope she will tell me how she did it so I can make some for DS! I think she used PUL fabric that you can buy for making nappy wraps etc. and layers of terry cloth maybe? I wonder if any of the crafty people on here have made similar?
Mum to DD Snow White (30/11/08) and DS Bluebird (13/09/11)
<><
http://sparklepetal.wordpress.com
SparklePetal

Postby RJandA » 29 May 2014, 19:56

We used pampers disposable change mats http://www.tesco.com/direct/pampers-cha ... mp=ppc_g__
They were good for going under the potty but never really used them in the car seat or buggy. They're pretty absorbant though so can't see why they wouldn't work. Big A just refused to get in the buggy with them on the seat though! She was a bit older though so hopefully C will be more pliable!
Mum to Big A - (March 2010), Li'l A - (December 2012)
RJandA

Postby FestiveTidings » 29 May 2014, 20:01

My sister used puppy training pads folded in half! She did have a puppy at the time and decided to try it after my niece peed on a pad that was on the floor (she was copying the puppy, bless).

My sister swore they worked.

X- posted with RJandA. Perhaps my sister was on to something!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby catkin » 29 May 2014, 20:11

First question, does he actually pee in carseats/buggies? We have a car seat protector, but it's never been put to the test by either child so no idea if it works or not. Even taking mouse on 3 hour drive when he was utterly unreliable at other times. It wasn't a position they peed in apparently.
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.
catkin

Postby Mansonation » 29 May 2014, 22:27

Close parent who make the pop-in nappies do a car seat protector. I've seen them on Argos and mothercare, about £10!
DS Moshi born 23/07/13, exclusively breastfed and eating like a pro since 27weeks.
Joined the cloth bum club at 31weeks!
Mansonation

Postby katyjohn » 15 Apr 2016, 12:59

katyjohn

Postby Kitcameron » 15 Apr 2016, 17:08

Really? And he I was letting my kids just a it on the for passenger seat with no seatbelt. Sometimes Es they climb into the back whilst I. Driving but usually they sit fairly still. You mean I have to go get a seat belt for them? Or is that just if they're in a cheap van rental and my car is actually fine?

Well, you learn something new every day.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby EnigmaFish » 15 Apr 2016, 17:58

Maybe the child is only peeing in the cheap can rentals as a commentary on their cheapness?

It's not really a rousing recommendation, at any rate.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Return to Product Recommendations