Amber teething necklace- recommendations please

Best high chair? (We all know it's the Ikea one really but refusniks will bring us tales of Tripp-Trappery and booster seats). Have you discovered an excellent finger food snack, toothbrush, bib or more importantly A Lipstick That Really Does Stay On?

Amber teething necklace- recommendations please

Postby upsidedownem » 21 Sep 2010, 20:05

Can anyone tell me where I can buy an genuine amber teething necklace for a reasonable price. I have read about fake ones but don't know enough about this to confidently buy one online.

Many thanks
Mum to Lara- born 15/08/07 and Sadie- born 28/11/09
upsidedownem

Re: Amber teething necklace- recommendations please

Postby CherryPop » 21 Sep 2010, 20:08

I got mine from - they're cheap, the postage is cheap and fast, and they're genuine. It's made a hell of a difference in our house - so much so that DH (the biggest sceptic around!) got a bracelet for his wrist as he has carpel-tunnel-like symptoms and it's made a massive reduction in his pain!

Good luck, hope it works for you x
Mama to J born 10.3.09 and BabyPie born 21.11.12
Blogging: http://mynameis-beth.blogspot.com
CherryPop

Postby upsidedownem » 21 Sep 2010, 21:39

Thanks Cherry. Have just ordered one from there.
x
Mum to Lara- born 15/08/07 and Sadie- born 28/11/09
upsidedownem

Postby eterna » 22 Sep 2010, 16:52

I was trying to find somewhere in Canada that sells them, as they are virtually unheard of here. I found one site and they have "chip style" and "bead style"..

Does anyone know if it would make a difference to how it works if the amber was in little bits instead of in bead form?
(sorry, bit of a thread hijack :))
Mom to A - Sep. 2009 & O - May 2013
eterna

Postby MumtoMonsters » 22 Sep 2010, 21:13

We got both of ours from wondrousgems (sorry, can't link to it from my laptop).

Eterna - you want the beads rather than the chips. There's no difference in the way it works, but the world of difference in how comfortable it is for baby to wear!

The Native American equivalent is made of hazelwood. It may be easier for you to locate them. Just make sure the beads are individually knotted onto string the same way amber necklaces are made. Trading Standards are investigating some that are being sold in the UK at the moment - partly due to the way they're being advertised, and partly over safety concerns about how the beads have been strung. Anyway, just a thought...
2008 and 2010
MumtoMonsters

Postby Heidi » 22 Sep 2010, 21:18

Ours came from "Little Acorns to Mighty Oaks". Pleased with it, and it was delivered the next day. Would definitely recommend them :D
http://www.littleacornstomightyoaks.co.uk/Products.php
Thom May 07 and Kiera Sept 09 - I don't really have an excuse to be here still!!

Would you like to start your own business, earn some extra money or enjoy a new challenge? If so please contact me,

http://www.phoenix-trading.co.uk/web/heidiwadsworth
Heidi

Postby DennyBoy » 01 May 2012, 17:36

When i was buying my Lithuanian friend recommend me to buy raw(unpolished) one, it doesn't look so good, but he said "it works better". So i bought raw teething necklace from here and it worked for me. Of cause it doesn't solve ALL the pain, but made big difference.
DennyBoy

Postby amberbuddy » 08 Dec 2015, 07:29

I will recommend these amber teething necklaces to other moms to help their children getting rid from irritation.
amberbuddy

Return to Product Recommendations