Egg Allergy?

For the label-readers amongst us, a place to marvel at food manufacturers' ability to add milk powder to everything.

Egg Allergy?

Postby primalmama » 08 Jan 2016, 06:55

Is it possible for an allergic reaction to be just a small rash inside the knees? Curious as the timing of a few hours after eating eggs makes it seem likely but then it's winter and he's been wearing wool pants too. The rash was gone this morning and we fed egg again and rash is back. Cotton pants all day too although I guess they could still rub. Nothing to do I guess besides wait until he goes a few days without the rash and then introduce an egg again?
primalmama

Re: Egg Allergy?

Postby junglewonderland » 09 Jan 2016, 06:39

I know some eczema does have certain foods as triggers, so it could be that. Don't know that I would call it an allergy exactly. If you are worried I would do what you said- cut egg out for a while and see if it goes away. Or if it is not too bad you could keep going with the egg and see what happens.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby Michaelcoleman » 22 Jan 2016, 04:59

I would like to share information about egg allergy symptoms. Skin inflammation or hives — the most common egg allergy reaction. Nasal congestion, runny nose and sneezing (allergic rhinitis)Digestive symptoms, such as cramps, nausea and vomiting. Asthma signs and symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, chest tightness or shortness of breath.
Michaelcoleman

Postby primalmama » 30 Jan 2016, 14:00

Update, talked to the doctor and waited a week,tried again. Two hours after eating he threw up 3 times. I found out dad has been cooking them in butter though so now we don't know if it is a dairy or egg problem. It was his 5th time having eggs and 7th time with butter. Made an apt with an allergist but not looking forward to testing or problems with false positives. So hate the idea of limiting food groups :(
primalmama

Return to Allergies