can this be hay fever?

For the label-readers amongst us, a place to marvel at food manufacturers' ability to add milk powder to everything.

can this be hay fever?

Postby Fish&Chips » 11 Apr 2015, 07:36

We had lovely warm weather recently and I've been out with C a lot to local park. They cut the grass few days back and left piles of it lying around. C spent most time running across it and kicking it all about.
Now for few days now he has been complaining of his nose...he doesn't say what it is that bothers him but carries on rubbing his nose ( and eyes now too I think) and cries ' nose,my nose,oh no!...). It looks to me like it's itching him, it doesn't seem to be running as such,and any wiping I do doesn't help him. He's been at it a while now and this morning it started as soon as he woke and didn't stop. It's driving me crazy now as he just whines and whines about it all time!
Can this be hay fever? I have no experience as never was allergic to anything, but his dad always used to have a problem in summer months...
Do I go to gp with this? Is there anything that can help him at all? He is 2 and half in June.
Thanks

PS. He had just got over hand foot and mouth and a bacterial infection and is now finishing his course of antibiotics. Anybody thinks this might be related?
Mummy to gorgeous boy since Dec 2012
Fish&Chips

Re: can this be hay fever?

Postby mamapup » 11 Apr 2015, 15:24

Could be hayfever. They might get you to try piriton on him.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby FestiveTidings » 11 Apr 2015, 19:18

Could he have gotten some grass up his nose? Just asking as the symptoms are similar to the wee lad across the road who stuck a pine needle up his nose..... Of course they are also similar to hayfever in which case I second Piriton!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby lizandimo » 12 Apr 2015, 02:07

DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Postby Fish&Chips » 12 Apr 2015, 10:41

Thanks all, I never thought it could have been the grass up his nose, possible I guess, I just can't remember if he started with it before they cut the grass or after... He seems ok today,whether it's down to the weather being cooler and us having other arrangements (rather than park) , or maybe whatever there was up there has cleared I'm not sure. Guess I'll just watch him and see if it comes back...
Mummy to gorgeous boy since Dec 2012
Fish&Chips

Postby lizandimo » 13 Apr 2015, 01:22

Glad to hear he's feeling better today :)
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Return to Allergies