Localized skin rash...

For the label-readers amongst us, a place to marvel at food manufacturers' ability to add milk powder to everything.

Localized skin rash...

Postby OnlyAGinger » 09 Mar 2012, 17:17

A couple weeks before Lovebug came down with his illness, I noticed a raised, speckly rash on his left knee. It was no where else on his body. It has spread a bit farther down his knee. Now, the other day, I noticed an additional rash where his (same brand, but larger-sized) diaper appeared to make contact with his skin, on his left leg/upper thigh. Also, he's got some bumps on his left thigh now. The pedi seemed unconcerned when she saw the knee rash - thought perhaps he knelt in something (he's been wearing pants for the most part for months now d/t weather) or perhaps it was the clothes detergent (we've been using the baby stuff for awhile, though, plus it's only his left leg/thigh/knee). She told us to put hydrocortisone on his knee - we haven't seen her since the thigh area started showing bumps. Does eczema spread like that? It wouldn't be some sort of allergy to food or something, right? (like gluten intolerance?)
OnlyAGinger

Re: Localized skin rash...

Postby OnlyAGinger » 09 Mar 2012, 17:47

Also, perhaps completely unrelated, but Lovebug, who was once regular as anything (one poop everyday) is now going every other day. Perhaps simply related to coming off of his illness...
OnlyAGinger

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 09 Mar 2012, 20:30

I get dry skin in localised areas (behind my knees, or down my shins) which can turn into an eczema like rash if I don't take care of it. I hesitate to say it's eczema because although I have had steriod cream for it I haven't had to use it for over 3 years now and I'm not sure it was officially diagnosed at the time.

I would wash with aqueous cream and/or use diprobase or a similar moisturiser on the area and would expect it to disappear as she gets older. TheWriggler had similar rashes, we got diprobase prescribed and I only used it for a few weeks before the rash went, then I got slack and it hasn't come back since. It's possible that if lovebug is feeling a little run down he's showing other signs of being a bit worn out - I know my dry skin is worse if I don't look after myself or I have a long running illness.

As for the pooping, I would guess that he has had less go in while he's been under the weather, so less is coming out iyswim. He should go back to normal once he's 100% back to normal in himself.
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby OnlyAGinger » 10 Mar 2012, 00:23

Thanks for your input! I'll check that out. Seems like it's just spreading & spreading at this point. Hopefully moisturizing will cease it.
OnlyAGinger

Return to Allergies