Intolerance - can you really tell when they eat so little?

For the label-readers amongst us, a place to marvel at food manufacturers' ability to add milk powder to everything.

Intolerance - can you really tell when they eat so little?

Postby qbm » 14 Feb 2012, 13:44

Froglet is intolerant to milk proteins so I am only introducing the very common allergens one at a time. This week it is wheat...

So, my question is, how easy is it to tell if they are intolerant to something when only small amounts are going in? I have been giving Froglet bread/toast/pasta every day for the last 4 days and all seems well... I was going to move onto fish tomorrow.

Is this an ok way to do it or am I being a bit obtuse?
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Re: Intolerance - can you really tell when they eat so littl

Postby shye » 14 Feb 2012, 14:15

If you are concerned about intolerances then it soundalike you are being very sensible.
Even a little bit will bring out a reaction...
Mummy to E (nov 08) and Birdy (dec 10)
shye

Postby messtins » 14 Feb 2012, 15:39

My son is CMPI and soya intolerant. Certainly when he was less than a year old it only took a minute amount of something to cause a reaction, we seem to be finally getting less sensitive at 21m old. In his case it's within 12 hours and lasts about 24 hours but reactions can be delayed by several days, hence the suggestion of one new allergen every 4 days (or more). Your plan sounds sensible! Jen x
Messtins, part-time vet, rest-of-the-time Mum to D 10/06 and M 05/10
messtins

Postby qbm » 15 Feb 2012, 19:25

I suppose I probably would have noticed by now then... We did an extra wheat day just to be sure anyway :)

Thanks for that! Very useful :)
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Return to Allergies