Dairy intolerance & headaches?

For the label-readers amongst us, a place to marvel at food manufacturers' ability to add milk powder to everything.

Dairy intolerance & headaches?

Postby ches » 11 Jan 2012, 20:06

I've never had migranes and used to drink milk like a heiffer. As a baby I puked from the depths of my soul, ending up on goat's milk, but have no memory of not being able to drink milk. I quit milk and yoghurt (but kept eating cheese and cream) because T was pukey and had milk curds in his poo.

Today we ran out of almond milk so I had milk iin my (large bowl of) cereal, followed by 2 pieces of string cheese and a yoghurt. In isolation, the latter two have been fine. I am currently enjoying my first migrane. Does this mean i'm doomed to missing out on chocolate milk from now on?
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Re: Dairy intolerance & headaches?

Postby SevilleOranges » 11 Jan 2012, 20:24

:( Oh no - I've found recently that sometimes if you don't have something for a while your body becomes hyperhypersensative to it. Also as I've got older I've become completely 'allergic' to anything strawberry
Mummy to BigBrother 07/08 and LittleSister 03/11
SevilleOranges

Postby ches » 11 Jan 2012, 22:33

Fortunately not a migraine -- ibuprofen kicked it. Phew!
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Fozza » 11 Jan 2012, 22:34

I get headaches if I have too much dairy...mostly milk, yogurt, cheesecake or cream. Cheese and choc are better tolerated. I will tolerate a headache for something yummy. You could probably build up tolerance but for me I'd rather not.

I also puked a lot as a baby. I remember having a god awful (poss migraine) headache when I was about 7 or 8. I told my mum it was the cereal and fought ages with my mum about yukky cereal... I preferred toast.
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Return to Allergies