Quinoa and strange poo

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Postby Rach123 » 08 Sep 2007, 17:10

Thanks ladies. If it helps (totally not blw related) I put cat crunchies in the powder drawer in the washing machine yesterday. You're far from alone int the 'What am I doing?!?!' club
Rach123

Postby Eleanor » 08 Sep 2007, 19:18

Oh Rach!

I have done the opposite and poured fabric conditioner into the cat's water bowl... and that was before I even had a baby so gawd knows what my brain's like now.
Eleanor

Postby Aitch » 09 Sep 2007, 13:06

eleanor, in an act that must surely be considered Above and Beyond the Call of Duty, i checked DD's quinoa nappy yesterday. you can completely see some of the grains, even the little curls. and i don't think dd's digestive system is in question. [brave emoticon]
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Eleanor » 11 Sep 2007, 10:43

*awards Aitch the medal for Conspicuous Gallantry in the face of Poo*

That's reassuring to know!
Eleanor

Postby Mij » 27 Sep 2007, 21:22

haven't noticed the curly bits in IzzyMouse's poo to date, but really looking forward to excavating the next quinoa nappy to report...

We find a big dollop of butter and a bit of pepper does quinoa a lot of favours. I've also done a kind of khichri thingy using quinoa instead of rice, with lentils and a load of tomatoes and herbs, which worked very well. As we're veggie I work quite hard to mix up Madame's grain and pulse intake so it makes me feel virtuous. Almost like the meal we had two days ago, but using, wait for it, a superfood instead of rice, so it's a whole new thing.
Everything is done by ordinary people
Mij

Postby Eleanor » 28 Sep 2007, 14:36

We had quinoa again yesterday and today (as marrow stuffing, with veg), and now Aitch has mentioned it, I notice P has been much more farty than normal! Or more loudly farty, anyway.

I don't think quinoa has the same effect on me...

Madam refused to eat any marrow, anyway. Even though I thought it was quite a sweet-flavoured one.
Eleanor

Postby amberjee » 03 Oct 2007, 09:50

Rach123 wrote:Gah, annoying. Does it work if I chuck other stuff in with it to make it more interesting? thinking along lines of roasted peppers tomatoes maybe some roasted squash?

do I rinse it lots before or after cooking, or both?

I know i sound stupid now lol, but its hippy food according to H, so I really need to make it impressive 1st time, otherwise it'll be banished from the kitchen

Rach, I've got a really nice recipe for a lemoney tahini type quinoa salad, will try to dig it up today for you. xx
amberjee

Postby amberjee » 03 Oct 2007, 09:54

amberjee wrote:
Rach123 wrote:Gah, annoying. Does it work if I chuck other stuff in with it to make it more interesting? thinking along lines of roasted peppers tomatoes maybe some roasted squash?

do I rinse it lots before or after cooking, or both?

I know i sound stupid now lol, but its hippy food according to H, so I really need to make it impressive 1st time, otherwise it'll be banished from the kitchen

Rach, I've got a really nice recipe for a lemoney tahini type quinoa salad, will try to dig it up today for you. xx

oh yay, i just remembered where on earth i found it, it is here. http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001493.html
so i don't know if whole chickpeas are the best BLW food - maybe if they're a lot older than my little one, but i'm thinking your roasted peppers and squash could make their way into this dish instead ...

there's also this i just saw, haven't made it. i'd leave out the eggs for my little Imp
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/qu ... ecipe.html
amberjee

Previous

Return to Toddler Led Eating