OT Teething

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

OT Teething

Postby TinkerbellesMum » 06 Sep 2007, 16:06

So far the six teeth we already have, have come through fairly uneventfully, but we're having some problems that I'm wondering if it could be teeth - she has her As and Bs already and seems to be getting all the Cs and lower Ds at the moment.

Exploding nappies - daily sink baths. She is the embodiment of foulness at the moment, I'm struggling to keep up with washing nappies.

Her wee smells disgusting.

Biting anything and everything (inc during nursing :( )

Extremely fussy, she doesn't want to sit on my lap, so I put her down, she's angry I put her down, so I pick her up, she doesn't want to be up...

The clingy stage is getting worse.

She is fussy eating, which is really not like her.

I'm at the end of my tether (I just wrote teether lol) with her at the moment and quite often am close to wringing her neck! Also, her one C seems to be coming through the B hole.

So, do you think it all adds up to teething?
TinkerbellesMum

Postby Aitch » 06 Sep 2007, 16:15

this http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v191/ ... 1078a.html will Completely Not Answer your question but is very interesting all the same.
:D
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby VanillaPickle » 06 Sep 2007, 17:20

Put her on e-bay........................ONLY JOKING.............<I'll be off back to that corner to think about what I've said again>
VanillaPickle

Postby TinkerbellesMum » 06 Sep 2007, 23:36

VERY tempting!

Eye teeth? Hare brain? WT...?

I remembered other things she's doing:

Dribbling - she opens her mouth and lowers her head and it just runs out;

She has a rash around her mouth.
TinkerbellesMum

Postby Aitch » 07 Sep 2007, 00:00

she is totally teething, tinksmum. :scream
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby wewillfixit » 07 Sep 2007, 09:41

That was a fascinating article Aitch. I loved the bit where they thought a baby had died because his teeth couldn't get through the gums and advocated cutting the gums with a lance!

Euan is teething at the moment too. He has 8, and is now getting his first molars. Its easy to tell when he is teething as he spends most of his time chasing his brother around the room and trying (usually succeding) to bite him!
wewillfixit

Postby VanillaPickle » 07 Sep 2007, 11:35

Poor poppets...........I can only remember when my wisdom teeth came through, which took months all up and that wasn't nice. It even made my ears crackle for days on end.
VanillaPickle

Postby Aitch » 07 Sep 2007, 12:54

ah, but as someone :wink: wrote in this month's NCT mag, according to a big fat govt dentist she spoke to, wisdom teeth hurt because there isn't enough room, which is not the case with babies' teeth. an interesting contrast is when your baby teeth give way to adult teeth and they don't hurt...
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby hunkermunker » 07 Sep 2007, 19:55

But they're coming out of gums that are Quite Squashy because they've just had a milk tooth come out of them. DS1's gums used to bleed when he teethed - but then, Aitch, you know I'm Quite Convinced that teething causes problems! :cry
hunkermunker

Postby Aitch » 07 Sep 2007, 20:04

och so am i, really. :mona
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby cmotdibbler » 10 Sep 2007, 13:14

We're having the amazing exploding nappy situation too at the moment as the molars are making a bid for freedom, and DS has nappy rash for the first time ever. I think one of our nappies may even have to be binned due to the foul colour it has turned !
Fortunatly, not too much boob biting is going on, but he did draw blood for the first time ever last week..
My sympathies with you and Tink
cmotdibbler

Postby TinkerbellesMum » 10 Sep 2007, 14:02

Quick question:

Am I allowed to laugh when a perfect stranger accepts her hand and she then bites?

Why do people on buses allow a strange baby to take their hand? It's not like she's learned to shake hands yet!

The wee situation got worse, on Friday we went to Manchester for a family wedding and she weed hourly, the smell was so bad I had to keep checking if she had poohed! She drunk two flasks of dilute juice on the way, two while were there and one on the way back (over the space of 8 hours). On Saturday I had had enough of it and took her to the out of hours GP, she has a UTI (triage nurse also allowed her to take her hand!) I have a picture I'll send to Aitch "baby led dosing" she takes her own medicine from a syringe (even in her sleep) and gets upset when it runs out!
TinkerbellesMum

Return to Toddler Led Eating