New favourite game

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

New favourite game

Postby LucyLastic » 12 May 2016, 22:08

On Tuesday night, I dished up a mammouth delicious salad comprising of beluga lentils, pan fried steak, chargrilled artichokes and peppers, roast sweet potato and butternut squash, cherry tomatoes, feta, pumpkin seeds, beetroot, green beans and tenderstem broccoli with a garlic, spring onion, chilli, lemon and balsamic dressing and a few croutons. C picked out the croutons and then announced she had finished because she didn't like it. Then, handing me her fork, she asked if we could play 'Guess what it is', closed her eyes and opened her mouth. This is a game she learnt from her (completely baby-led) cousin at Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago. She thought being spoon fed was absolutely hilarious and ate the whole flipping lot. Toddler led spoon feeding ftw :-/

Delicious salad, though - the dressing was made in the pan where I cooked the steak, chucking the spring onion, garlic and chopped chilli in, then the balsamic vinegar, then I let it down with some lemon juice. Fanflippingtastic (even though I say so myself!)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: New favourite game

Postby lizandimo » 12 May 2016, 22:33

That salad sounds amazing!
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Re: New favourite game

Postby LucyLastic » 16 May 2016, 23:38

This evening, while eating fish pie and chantenay carrots, C started doing the 'aeroplane' with her spoon to herself, saying 'Open wide!' She thought it was hilarious.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Return to Toddler Led Eating