Help oh wise ones!

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Re: Help oh wise ones!

Postby mamapup » 09 Aug 2015, 21:45

It was normal crumble but a bit less sugar. I basically take most sugar out of most recipes anyway so essentially it was the normal crumble I make. Yum.

We don't have brinner in our house we have brupper since we call the evening meal.Supper. I agree with Roo, lunchfast is good.

But ph, yeah, what about the breakfast biscuits or healthy muffins that float around this forum? Or a.cheese.sandwich?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby emzit » 09 Aug 2015, 22:45

Pancakes? We make up a batch Sunday night which keeps most of the week so it's actually super quick. Fruit on top so healthy. Has cake in the name so seen as a treat.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby pirate_han » 10 Aug 2015, 06:49

She chose porridge and ate it without issue :mona

I swear she knows about this place.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby qbm » 10 Aug 2015, 06:51

pirate_han wrote:She chose porridge and ate it without issue :mona

:D
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 10 Aug 2015, 19:21

pirate_han wrote:She chose porridge and ate it without issue :mona

They all do. Especially when unwell. Drive you to the point of a meltdown in FC then are magically fine again! Bless them.
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby somerandomchick » 10 Aug 2015, 23:30

We're not that big on forcing structure (this is breakfast time so you have to eat now, or you have no more chances to eat until lunch, etc) so when DD doesn't eat breakfast we'll put her food back in the fridge. When she's hungry, it comes out again. We can keep putting the same bowl of yogurt & oranges in and out of the fridge all day if you want...

If she doesn't want to "eat" you can also try getting her to drink milk? It will solve some of the hunger. DD is too busy playing after her nap to want to sit and eat a snack but she's a bear if we make her wait until dinner, so we usually give her a cup of milk to tide her over
somerandomchick

Postby junglewonderland » 11 Aug 2015, 05:17

I think what you are doing is great, I would keep doing that. It will pass. And three year olds are the most contrary of creatures!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby pirate_han » 11 Aug 2015, 08:03

Thanks! She ate fine again today.

SRC - I would do the same if we were at home but we're not, so she needs to eat something. She starts preschool next month - if she hadn't eaten breakfast at home her old nursery would have given her some but preschool won't do that so she needs to eat something before we leave. I'm not being fair to her if I don't give her the best chance of doing so.

Fingers crossed it has stopped. For now! Ha.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby somerandomchick » 12 Aug 2015, 20:09

I understand, the mornings that stress me out are when we have plans outside the house! My daughter always wants to sleep in and then dawdle at breakfast when we have places to go at a specific time. Yes, let's not eat before dance class, that's a great way to be in a good mood to follow along at a semi-structured activity :P On those days our problems are just speed, so I give her foods that she tends to eat quicky (string cheese, applesauce pouch) instead of foods she loves but eats slowly (bagel, fruit). But that's a different issue than not wanting to eat all
somerandomchick

Postby MamaKh » 13 Aug 2015, 03:21

Getting started seems to be the issue for ds when hungry. Orange juice is supposedly incrrasing apetite and could be a morningstarter (thiugh ds doesn't like it ). If he doesn't eat his breakfast before going to school he gets a sandwich to eat in the car before drop off. A few butes seems to carry him over till lunch.

Otherwise im also thinking of what to let him do him self that we r doing. In general terms, to meet his 3 yr need of more independence and reduce resistance in areas we cant let go. Saying no just because they can seem to be the thing...
Mother of DS1 July 2012, DS2 Sept 2015
BF, Co Sleeping, Sling, EC, BLW, Active parenting, all inspirations and aspirations
MamaKh

Previous

Return to Toddler Led Eating