Appetite changes

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Appetite changes

Postby ChristmasGift » 21 Jan 2014, 18:34

I think The Babs has gone straight from a long bout of teething to a growth spurt. I can't keep up with the change in appetite! She was eating non stop for an hour this evening. I don't like giving her loads of fruit but after she'd polished of her dinner and DH's leftovers there wasn't much else to be offered! When she's teething I should think a sparrow would eat more.
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Re: Appetite changes

Postby mamapup » 21 Jan 2014, 18:37

Yay, it's great when that happens, isn't it? Except, of course, when you run out of food ideas.
It always makes me feel better for the times the puppy doesn't eat to know that a growth spurt is probably just around the corner.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Treeb » 21 Jan 2014, 19:06

L's appetite seems to be different every few days! I never know whether to expect him to wolf down the food I've given him, or smear it all over the high chair and toss it on the floor! He also seems to have a new favorite food more often than reasonable - he's gone off fruit recently which was always a favorite. In the past month it seems we've gone through a period of wanting tons of meat, a stretch of hardly eating, a few days of only wanting oatmeal, some more non-eating, a day or two of wolfing down lentil curry, which was then rejected a few days later, and now all he seems to want is cheese and milk (both breast milk and cows milk.)

It was bothering me at first that he was being so unpredictable with it, but I've given up now. I'll just make what I want to eat, not what I think he is going to enjoy, and he can eat it or paint with it as he chooses. That's what BLW is all about anyway, right?
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby mamapup » 21 Jan 2014, 19:08

Treeb, I agree entirely. We've given up trying to second guess (except with sausages and dry pasta, sigh). If we go out to eat now we order what we want and ensure we've got some bread and cheese available just in case. Then if the puppy is foolish enough to reject deliciousness he can eat bread and cheese.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Return to Toddler Led Eating