Have I sinned?

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Re: Have I sinned?

Postby Treeb » 23 Jan 2014, 19:19

I love that that worked mamapup! Reminds me of a story I read about a mom whose child was obsessed with star wars so she started referring to everything as "Jedi green beans" and such - telling the kid that they were what Jedi ate to get their powers, and her kid started eating it up! I'd say it's still baby led if you're not forcing him to eat it and he is still the one choosing to put it in his mouth. Maybe he'll take one bite and then still think it is gross, maybe he'll start eating it and still like it even with its real name.

L is in a bit of a veggie phase right now and weirdly not eating much fruit. I'm not sure how much of the veg he is actually swallowing, but he seems to want to try most of the veggies I have offered recently (carrots, green beans, peas, bell pepper), although usually they are chewed up and spit out. Except sweet potato - he has always been very skeptical of sweet potato and still won't consider trying it. Maybe I should try re-naming it?
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Previous

Return to Toddler Led Eating