Have I sinned?

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Re: Have I sinned?

Postby kparker » 08 Jan 2014, 21:16

I figure at this point if we're eating a bit of something like ketchup right in front of the little guy, he's allowed to have some. That said, it makes me a lot more aware of how often we eat things like ketchup and not to overdo it. My son happens to love plain yogurt so much that I've smeared it on a lot of things to get him to eat it; I'm thankful he loves it so much.
kparker

Postby mamapup » 08 Jan 2014, 21:52

Kparker, dont mess up and offer.him a petit filous unless you're willing to have him never touch plain yoghurt again! We.did. What a mistake!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Dulcie » 10 Jan 2014, 15:22

Ok so homemade dips not going so well, Daddy keeps eating all the ingredients! :o But have discovered that anything rejected the night before can be whizzed up to make soup for dip-dipping toast soldiers in at lunch the next day. So far this week, we've gobbled "beef stew-soup" and Thai prawn curry-soup, both of which were rejected in their original veggie-ridden states but eaten heartily as soup. Not really teaching him to eat veggies I know but I feel virtuous for using up leftovers and chuffed that my child has eaten a square meal today!
Dulcie

Postby mamapup » 10 Jan 2014, 15:32

Good work. Now teach me how to persuade my child that soup isn't devil sick, please.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby StJuniper » 10 Jan 2014, 17:54

mamapup wrote:Good work. Now teach me how to persuade my child that soup isn't devil sick, please.

"Devil sick."

How would you like to move to Canada and be my next door neighbour?
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby mamapup » 10 Jan 2014, 18:38

In a flash!

mamapup

Postby Dulcie » 10 Jan 2014, 18:39

Mamapup, if it makes you feel better about the devil sick, last time I made chicken curry it was kind of pale coloured and runny. He took one look at his plate, started crying and pointing at it going "poo! no! poo!" That was one of my finer culinary moments, clearly... :wink:
Dulcie

Postby mamapup » 10 Jan 2014, 18:44

Dulcie, that really made me giggle. Thanks.
I think I make awesome soups but the puppy is a suspicious little beast...

mamapup

Postby Treeb » 10 Jan 2014, 18:59

That is hilarious Dulcie!

L likes soups in theory - he loves the novelty of having his own bowl full and being able to drink the broth, but he rarely takes more than a sip or two and instead spends the whole meal putting all his food in and out of the bowl - last night we had apple chunks being put in and out of beef stew, and his bread he always leaves in there until it is soggy and then gets upset at the mess. Eventually he dumps the whole bowl out and demands more broth, which he then adds all the chunks back in/out/in/out.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby NorthernKitten » 13 Jan 2014, 20:44

i'd love munchkin to like soup...

...outright rejected. every time. if it's not bread, she's not interested! and bread which has been dipped in soup is stared at in an expression of pure sorrow.
Mummy to a munchkin (Dec 12) and a mini munchkin (due Jan 15) and part-time teacher of teenaged terrors.
NorthernKitten

Postby mamapup » 13 Jan 2014, 23:04

NorthernKitten wrote:i'd love munchkin to like soup...

...outright rejected. every time. if it's not bread, she's not interested! and bread which has been dipped in soup is stared at in an expression of pure sorrow.

Ditto here!

mamapup

Postby kparker » 15 Jan 2014, 06:29

I made split pea soup tonight and neither daddy nor son were very happy about it. It looks like I'll be eating a lot of it over the next few days!
kparker

Postby Dulcie » 15 Jan 2014, 17:24

Random "empty cupboard" food combo of the week: Fish fingers, buckwheat pasta and pesto, broad beans, peas and tzatziki... 3 helpings! Broad beans and peas rejected of course. Strange child.
Dulcie

Postby Kitcameron » 20 Jan 2014, 18:31

G likes the novelty of dipping bread in soup but I don't think she actually eats very much, she does also try dipping her spoon and eating it with a spoon but I still don't think she eats much of it.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 23 Jan 2014, 19:04

I called carrot batons 'sweet sticks' today to see if the puppy would eat one. He ate half of one. That's more carrot than he's eaten in his entire life. I may start calling things by the wrong name to make them seem more enticing for a while. Now surely that is a blw sin?

mamapup

PreviousNext

Return to Toddler Led Eating