Very fussy 22 mo, despite doing BLW from the start.

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Re: Very fussy 22 mo, despite doing BLW from the start.

Postby Dulcie » 24 Dec 2013, 18:05

Today's surprise eats: Chilli and rice with obvious big pieces of kale in it (kale not spat out!!), also smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for lunch! Realise I'm gaping in awe as he's stuffing it into his mouth and then try my best to pretend I haven't noticed whilst peeking out the side of my eyes in case it's not true... who are you and what have you done with my child?? Actually looking forward to Christmas dinner tomorrow instead of dreading him only eating the pigs in blankets!
Dulcie

Postby mamapup » 25 Dec 2013, 18:46

Wowsers. Please please be what I have in my future. The puppy at pasta and Xmas pudding today. Sigh. He is on an eating binge but still only things he likes.

Chilli is a big hit generally here as it's easy meat. Actual, real meat though is almost never touched. If only he believed me when I said schnitzel was basically a sausage!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 25 Dec 2013, 21:54

Go go babies!!!! So pleased to hear that progress is being made!! It makes such a difference when they actually try something, rather than dismiss it out of hand!!!

MP - food in any other guise never cuts the mustard!!! If the sausage is too big, it won't get eaten!!! ITS THE SAME FECKING SAUSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Dulcie » 26 Dec 2013, 07:32

if the turkey doesn't have the crispy skin? forget it, it's not turkey. Baby law. ;-)
Dulcie

Postby Dulcie » 26 Dec 2013, 08:06

Incidentally, I talked it up. He only ate the trifle (2 helpings!) but am optimistically putting it down to complete overwhelm and exhaustion after a big family xmas and also 7pm dinner = past tired!
Dulcie

Previous

Return to Toddler Led Eating