TLW????

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

TLW????

Postby mamapup » 03 Jul 2013, 17:53

Tonight the puppy would only eat risotto if I fed it to him on a spoon or if he put his face in the plate. My child is odd but at least he lives up to his nickname. Not sure about the spooning business though, that's not the first time this week. He hands me the spoon and looks at me very intensely until I feed him. Luckily he gets bored after a few spoons from me but still...
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: TLW????

Postby ChristmasGift » 03 Jul 2013, 21:07

Oh dear - there must be something in the air - The Babs 'asked' to be spoon fed yesterday for the first time. She was having yoghurt on loaded spoons and as I went to hand it to her she lent towards the spoon with her mouth wide open like a little chick. Two spoons later and she wanted control back - phew.
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Postby FestiveTidings » 03 Jul 2013, 21:11

Repeat after me - its a phase, its a phase, its a phase!

I think every BLW'er does this at some stage (HUGE generalisation there!) I think they figure it is more fun to eat that way, at lease for a while :-)
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Laura Tyewa » 03 Jul 2013, 21:18

L does it too! He loves holding the spoon between his teeth and getting me to pull it out (plastic spoons only!). Thankfully it isn't at every meal and it does seem to be a funny game for him rather than a way of life...
Mum to L, born Feb 2012.
Laura Tyewa

Postby squirt » 03 Jul 2013, 21:35

haha, ds has done this a couple of times. I prefer it over the intense look that I get, that only gets satisfied if I lean over and let him spoonfeed me LOL
squirt

Postby mamapup » 03 Jul 2013, 21:48

Laura Tyewa wrote:L does it too! He loves holding the spoon between his teeth and getting me to pull it out (plastic spoons only!). Thankfully it isn't at every meal and it does seem to be a funny game for him rather than a way of life...

Yes, the puppy does this too! We do it with tea spoons (shouldn't I?) and I make silly noises when I pull it out. Cue hysterical laughter.
Squirt, I don't get the intense look for being fed, I'm offered anything the puppy doesn't feel like eating (mainly anything green), sometimes he offers me stuff he likes and means it (wow) but mainly he offers it and then pulls it away at the last second, cue hysterical laughter. And we certainly don't do that to him so it's his first joke I guess.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby fourweewonders » 03 Jul 2013, 22:02

R refuses risotto unless its mummys, and fork fed to him while he pops up over the sofa arm like a cheaping baby bird, but if I offered him his own bowl of risotto...
Mum to B (b.sept 2006) & E (b.sept 2009) and R & A (b.july 2011).
fourweewonders

Postby EnigmaFish » 03 Jul 2013, 22:15

squirt wrote:haha, ds has done this a couple of times. I prefer it over the intense look that I get, that only gets satisfied if I lean over and let him spoonfeed me LOL

Yeah Kleintje is obsessed with feeding me now at the moment. Yesterday she fed me a piece of a tortilla wrap. As I was halfway through chewing it, she got a thoughtful look on her face, opened my mouth and took the half-masticated food back.

So now, despite having teeth, she wants me to do her chewing for her‽
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Singale » 03 Jul 2013, 22:24

all normal according to how it went with Tigerle's BLW process. :)

She insisted on "giving" me & DH her food for a few months (i.e shoving food into our mouth), then went the other way around & insisted on being given food instead (at the time I suspected that it came from the nursery as she was only starting for a few weeks in there). But after a few months it all went away & she ate her own food on her own happily as before.

It's a phase, it's a phase, it's a phase. :)
Tigerle's mum since Sept 2010
And now Pferdle's as well since July 2014
Singale

Postby embee » 04 Jul 2013, 02:25

Yep, a phase! My 3y/o wanted me to spoon feed her today too. She does it every now and again. I think with her it's that the baby is getting more attention at meal times, and she wants in on that too!
Munchkin - April 2010
Little Miss- November 2012
embee

Postby qbm » 04 Jul 2013, 10:25

Froglet often reaches her spoon out to me and says, "Help please mummy". I have generally been laughing and saying, "No. You do it"! However, she now thinks it's a game. A very, very tedious game that involves her asking for "hep peese" and smiling a really cheeky smile before every.single.spoonful.

Ach, I suppose it's kind of cute.
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby sleepysheep » 04 Jul 2013, 14:33

we've just come back from a weeks holidays with the in-laws and I gave up after 3 days with my MIL feeding flump everything... However I made sure since we come back to give her no spoons at all, freezing yoghurts into lollipops etc and it's worked we're back to normal thank heavens
sleepysheep

Return to Toddler Led Eating