Bfing and milk in a cup

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Bfing and milk in a cup

Postby junglewonderland » 04 May 2013, 12:33

Koala is demand breastfed during the day and night weaned. My milk supply took a dip 2 weeks ago so I gave him some oat milk (he is allergic to dairy) after feeding him for an hour and him still asking for milk. He loved it! I have created a monster. He asks for oat milk all the time now. I'm a bit concerned that he will drink it in preference to food, and I don't know that it is that nutritious. I've instituted a new rule that he can only have oat milk during meals or at bedtime.

What should I do, forumites? Esp those bfing, do you give milk in a cup too? Do you have to limit it?
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).

Re: Bfing and milk in a cup

Postby catkin » 04 May 2013, 12:52

Yes she has (cows') milk in a cup. Usually 1-2 times a day, maybe a bit more if I'm out at bedtime (I've stopped needing/bothering to express). We usually offer milk with snacks and water with meals but it's not really a rule just a habit.
*makes note to try oat milk if it's that tasty*
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.

Re: Bfing and milk in a cup

Postby Laura Tyewa » 04 May 2013, 13:00

L only has (cow's) milk during meals, and we've stopped brestfeeding totally. L, however, eats like a horse (and self-weaned, pretty much, at 13m) so I don't know if that's the same as for Koala.

You could try hemp milk, as I think it has lots of Omega 3 in it (do double check as I don't drink the stuff myself).
Mum to L, born Feb 2012.
Laura Tyewa

Return to Toddler Led Eating