Why is he obsessed with food?!!!

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Why is he obsessed with food?!!!

Postby Splash » 09 Mar 2013, 16:56

R has always loved food and been a big eater. We have always limited it as he would eat all day non stop if he got the chance. He gets 3 big meals a day and rarely has snacks between.

He was just at a birthday party there with DH and seemingly he kept sneaking up to the food to take stuff or took an adults hand over to the table to make him a plate! DH said everytimehe saw him he was eating a new plate of food. He had just had his lunch! All the children were playing pass the parcel so DH decided to go out for a coffee. When he returned R decided food was much better than playing and was tucking into a bowl of popcorn.

I'm annoyed that he is so obsessed with food and frustrated.

Any ideas what I should do about it?

I have spoken to him saying that it may give him a sore tummy but he wasn't bothered he was still wanting more when he came home.

Is it ok to skip dinner tonight and just give him a light supper before bed?
Mum to R (July 2010), A (Dec 2013).
Splash

Re: Why is he obsessed with food?!!!

Postby Fozza » 09 Mar 2013, 17:56

Oh is this not normal behaviour??
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 09 Mar 2013, 18:02

Isaac is like this. He would eat and eat and eat and eat if he could.. I think we'd run out of food before he wanted to stop! :wink: I remember Dylan being similar when he was younger though, but he doesn't do it so much now. Maybe it's because they're still growing so fast? I don't think it means he'll always eat non-stop though.
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby Fozza » 09 Mar 2013, 18:03

Ok its normal for parties IME and boys can eat a surprising amount! Particularly during a growth spurt.
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

Return to Toddler Led Eating