Eating mixed/ hidden foods

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Eating mixed/ hidden foods

Postby Violet_Cue » 31 Jan 2013, 04:03

So I know a lot of toddlers have issues with this (safety/ instinct and all that) but I had an idea tonight.

We had wraps - so ground beef, taco spice, veggies, cheese, sour cream. I made mine and J's and left them unfolded on our plates. Then I put our two plates to the table, and showed J what we were eating. I folded mine and said what I was doing, then asked if he wanted his folded. He did, and then quite happily ate a fair amount.

Might be an idea for those who have toddlers that won't eat mixed things!

(From a person that doesn't like her food touching each other unless it is supposed to be mixed...)
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Re: Eating mixed/ hidden foods

Postby Agatha'sMama » 31 Jan 2013, 18:10

Such a good tip, it's so easy to forget how well A responds to having things explained, or to being involved in the decision! A has never really eaten potato until I asked her one night if she wanted hers mashed too, an let her loose with the masher... Well worth te mess as she actually ate some of it! Not much, but still :)
Mama to A - May 2011

back on the forum after being so rudely interrupted by RL for a year
Agatha'sMama

Return to Toddler Led Eating