can i give a supplement to fatten LO up?

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Re: can i give a supplement to fatten LO up?

Postby Gizmo » 26 Nov 2013, 16:15

English clothes seem to be bigger IME. Mine are in 12-18 month clothes in British sizes but if I get them anything here they fit in 18-24 months or even 2-3 yo. They are nearly 2.4.

Same for adults as it happens, my clothes that I got in England are size 8, here 10 fits me perfectly.
Gizmo

Postby A_W » 26 Nov 2013, 18:18

A is on the 9th percentile and his clothes range from 12-18 vests (which I'm sure have stretched) to 2-3 jeans from next. They vary so much. Mainly he's in 18-24 and he's 3 in January. All his recent appointments at hospital say they are happy with his weight. It's hard not to worry though.
H - big school girl - April 08
A - my gorgeous boy - Jan 11
A_W

Postby catkin » 26 Nov 2013, 18:28

Gizmo wrote:English clothes seem to be bigger IME. Mine are in 12-18 month clothes in British sizes but if I get them anything here they fit in 18-24 months or even 2-3 yo. They are nearly 2.4.

Same for adults as it happens, my clothes that I got in England are size 8, here 10 fits me perfectly.

Would that it were that simple. Depends on the particular shop. Hamster has both 18-24s that still fit and 3-4s that are really rather tight.
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.
catkin

Postby babydsmummy » 26 Nov 2013, 19:23

A_W wrote:A is on the 9th percentile and his clothes range from 12-18 vests (which I'm sure have stretched) to 2-3 jeans from next. They vary so much. Mainly he's in 18-24 and he's 3 in January. All his recent appointments at hospital say they are happy with his weight. It's hard not to worry though.

J is the same. I've just bought some 18-24 months vests, his trousers tend to be 12-18 month and his tops 18-24 months. But the doctors are very pleased that his height and weight are heading towards the 9th centile. It's certainly true he doesn't look 'unwell thin' like he did a year ago, but he's still small.
Mummy to two amazing boys: D (Oct 08) and J (June 11)
babydsmummy

Postby Dulcie » 13 Dec 2013, 13:29

Hey, my little man is also a skinny one! We also get comments (especially from the in-laws who are hearty farming stock!) about his weight but I'm not worried as he's 50th centile weight and 98th height and I know me and my siblings were even skinnier as kids. Also, as FestiveTidings mentioned, we feed him a healthy diet of real food cooked from scratch, not junk food or ready meals so I truly believe this is his natural and most healthy weight. I see a lot of chubbier toddlers at playgroup etc but I also notice that their parents give them crisps, sweets and sugary squash for snacks and drinks whereas our snack box is full of oatcakes, fruit and other real food and if he has something other than water it's real juice not fake. Of course he gets treats and Granny always tries to stuff him full of biscuits and chocs at her house but that's fine too, Grannies are allowed, it's one of the things that makes them special!
Dulcie

Previous

Return to Toddler Led Eating