Pirate ship potato

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Pirate ship potato

Postby handstand79 » 07 Nov 2012, 18:02

So after 3.5 years of refusing jacket potato DS polished it off tonight. Why? Because I stuck in half a straw with a paper sail and told him it was a pirate ship. Casseroles and stews reduce him to tears but all of tonight's beef stew was eaten no problem because I said it was captain hooks treasure. It goes against everything I believe in, but if it's going to stop tea time tears and mean he'll actually eat then I'm going with it. I just can't believe an intelligent 4 year old would fall for it!
handstand79

Re: Pirate ship potato

Postby Louisianablue2000 » 07 Nov 2012, 18:16

LOL. i have to say that is one of the best thread titles I've seen for sheer randomness.
See DD1's first few meals here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisianab ... 629434614/
See DD2's weaning video here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisianab ... 826217940/

DD1 Dec 07, DD2 June 09, DS Sept 12
Louisianablue2000

Postby FestiveTidings » 07 Nov 2012, 19:08

Would sweetcorn be the gold treasure then? Peas green emeralds and peppers fine Rubies, fit for a king? :-)

My mum used to do that all the time for us. Smiley face pizza, potato hedgehogs etc etc.

It just made mealtimes a little more exciting I think.
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby hiann » 08 Nov 2012, 00:17

DS read a book called the smeeliest day at the zoo and in it, a zookeeper left a bag of crocodile poo which was shaped like balls out for her hubsband to collect and use as fertiliser on their veggies. But the man didnt realise what it was and thought it was meatballs so "cooked" the baks and ate one, nice description on book.

Anyway, ds never ate meatballs so after ths book, I served meatballs and spaghetti and called the meal crocodile poo and worms and he now loves this meal? So long as they are eating eh?!
DS 18th Dec 2006
DD 30th Jan 2010
hiann

Postby Popsie » 10 Nov 2012, 19:05

We eat porridge with some of that mixed flaxseed, pumpkin seed, goji berries... You can't taste it but there are telltale pinky red bits from the berries. I didn't want it to be an issue like other tiny things that she can't pick out are (poppy seed, pepper, mustard seed, cumin etc) do the day she noticed I told her it was fairy dust. We are baffled as to when this fairy came in and sprinkled it! DH never gets it he has toast.
Proud mummy to my gorgeous girlies
M is 5 and B is 1
Popsie

Return to Toddler Led Eating