Trying everything!

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Trying everything!

Postby CPinho » 22 Sep 2012, 10:46

My DD (18 months) has finally taken an interest in forks. And all of a sudden meal times have become much more interesting. She wants to try everything with her fork. This week she has eaten - and enjoyed - lots of new stuff that she refused to try before.

She has even put in her mouth food that I know she doesn't like (like roasted potatoes, which she has tried some times before and always hated - she spat them out right after, but then tried another piece again just for fun...). She has also managed to eat spaghetti with her fork!

I am sure this is a phase and she will go back to her usual self as soon as the fork novelty wears off, but I am enjoying it a lot! :)
Mum to R, born March 2011, and S & I, born October 2013
CPinho

Re: Trying everything!

Postby sully » 22 Sep 2012, 17:14

Love it!! My 17.5 month old has just hit the messy phase again, having got so clean with her eating...I blame that on her new interest in using cutlery too :-)
Pumpkin, b April 2011
Sweetpea, b July 2013
sully

Re: Trying everything!

Postby babydsmummy » 22 Sep 2012, 20:09

It's great when they try something new. J, my fruit and veg hater, ate some baby sweetcorn and red pepper out of his stir fry tonight. Mind you, he spat out the apple and blackberry from his turnover for pudding, but hey, one step at a time!
Mummy to two amazing boys: D (Oct 08) and J (June 11)
babydsmummy

Return to Toddler Led Eating