Cow's milk refusal

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Re: Cow's milk refusal

Postby Nix » 28 Sep 2012, 09:50

If given water/milk Harvey would take one sip all day. When he got a DVT bug around Ls age, I gave watery cordial and he started drinking a few cups per day. We also allowed weakly flavoured nesquik milkshakes so he got some milk - he was still bf but I was pregnant and my supply dropped. The good news is he now will drink water, about an inch is gone from his small water bottle when I pick him up from school. And once he was old enough I explained that water is all we can drink before bed. He will also drink cows milk!! I think they gave him some every day at preschool and eventually he just developed a taste for it. He still prefers juice/milkshake but understands that these drinks are not good for our teeth so we limit them.

I'm sure you'll work something out. It's worrying when very little amounts of fluids are being consumed. At least Bm is a drink and food even if it's just once a day.
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby emzit » 28 Sep 2012, 09:59

cathyolive wrote:Here's a thread I started a few weeks ago- with a good link to an NHS page about calcium sources that messtins posted :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35789

Thanks CO, I did see the thread when you first posted but didn't catch the NHS link and I couldn't find it! Was hoping someone would post it.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby pimento » 28 Sep 2012, 10:12

emzlt wrote:Thanks CO, I did see the thread when you first posted but didn't catch the NHS link and I couldn't find it! Was hoping someone would post it.

No prob! I've printed it out and put it on my fridge :D
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby Efficient_Edna » 28 Sep 2012, 19:11

cathyolive wrote:Here's a thread I started a few weeks ago- with a good link to an NHS page about calcium sources that messtins posted :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35789

Much obliged!!! :-)
Brilliant A born Jan '10.
Bouncing L born Sep '11.
Efficient_Edna

Previous

Return to Toddler Led Eating