Cookie recipes?

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Cookie recipes?

Postby FestiveTidings » 31 Aug 2012, 12:16

Looking for recipes for the following:

Choc chip cookies (DH)
Peanut butter cookies (roo)
Nutella cookies (if such a thing exists!) (me!)

Anyone out there help?
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Re: Cookie recipes?

Postby qbm » 31 Aug 2012, 14:23

I am currently pinned 2 the sofa by a sleepy, sick baby but I have a couple of excellent cookie recipes - will post later!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby qbm » 31 Aug 2012, 19:18

Apologies for the text speak in the last post - I tend to do that automatically when I use my phone :oops: The teacher in me is ashamed!

Choc chip cookies
Right, this recipe is fail safe and makes really good, crunchy cookies that last for ages. The recipe is for raisin cookies but I have made them loads of times with chocolate chips (or cranberries and orange or hazelnuts and chocolate...). Yum.

Cream together 4oz marg/butter and 4oz sugar. Beat in 1 tsp syrup. Add 6oz self-raising flour, 1 tsp bicarb of soda and a good handful of whatever you fancy adding! Mix well. Roll into small golf ball size balls. Place on an ungreased baking tray and flatten with a fork. Bake at gas mark 4/180oC for 15 - 20min. I think they're normally done before this time though...

Peanut Butter Cookies
A friend gave me this recipe. I've never tried it though she swears by it.
110g softened butter
110g soft light br sugar
50g crunchy peanut butter
1 egg
275g plain flour
200g dark/milk chocolate
Cream butter and sugar. Beat in peanut butter and egg then fold in flur. Bash up 50g of the chocolate into little pieces and add. Roll into balls, flatten and bake 10-12min. Melt the rest of the chooclate and drizzle when cookies have cooled.

As for Nutella - no recipe for cookies but have you tried filling chocolate cupcakes with it? It's soooooooooooo tasty. Just put some cupcake mixture in the bottom of the cases, add a teaspoon of Nutella and cover with more mixture.

I suddenly find myself peckish... :D
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby FestiveTidings » 31 Aug 2012, 19:23

Cheers Ratoncito!

I've tried so many recipes from the web and they just don't seem to work! Will be hung these a try though. Nutella cupcakes sound amazing!

Isnt it sad that I didn't even notice your text speak? It's a sign it's creeping into the English language :-(

I'm off to raid the fridge now!!!!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Return to Toddler Led Eating