Pasta

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Pasta

Postby VanillaPickle » 08 Oct 2007, 19:22

Hhhmmmm we seem to have a bit of a meat embargo going on at the moment and in fact if there is anything else served with pasta it is left on the plate and every last morsel of pasta is picked out and duly inhaled.

Tonight lovingly made lamb meatballs weren't even touched. I think next time I'll serve them with just vegetables to see what happens.

Has anybody else been through this?
VanillaPickle

Postby Aitch » 08 Oct 2007, 21:23

but of course... it's all ages and stages, i think. dd loved pasta so much i used to give her veggies etc before i let her loose on the pasta, but now she's back eating bits and bobs of everything. i think cutlery helped in that regard, pasta's just so easy to eat with your hands. also you could try conchiglie, i found that i could mix the sauce really well into the pasta so that i knew it was filled up with veggies etc in the sauce. :wink:
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby VanillaPickle » 09 Oct 2007, 18:20

You know I think you're absolutely right....she has recently learnt to say 'no' in a very amateur dramatic way, with an artistic shake of the head and woe is me effect, which happens at meal times a fair amount. Even though she likes these foods and often comes back and eats them after dismissing them.

Tonight roast veg & lentil lasagne - lasagne carefully picked out and eaten, veg tried occasionally, tossed to the side with a dramatic gesture.

Oh well............I'll try separating things a bit more at meal times and see what happens. Right now she is screaming that life is unfair and I shouldn't have put her to bed so I'm off to sort out this little artistic outburst.
VanillaPickle

Postby Aitch » 09 Oct 2007, 19:06

lol, sometimes i swear that dd is telling me to talk to the hand...
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby mummybear » 10 Oct 2007, 09:05

T is 2 and when we went out for pasta last week I cut a couple of tubes in half and passed him his little fork. He shook his head and said no. Wanted to pick up the tubes. Much less messy at 2 than when he started doing this, though :D
mummybear

Return to Toddler Led Eating